RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Potential Build/Delivery delay
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

sammyf

England 

Hi All
Days away from taking the plunge on odering an RRS and am being told that there are no new orders being placed until the end of the year and any order now - with a Pan Roof - will be for May delivery. Is it worth me trying more dealers for empty build slots?
My sense is no as the dealers i have spoken to already have waiting lists
Serves me right for deliberating over a Cayenne and not ordering weeks ago

Post #393684 Tue Sep 03 2013 3:12pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

according to james they unable to fullfil orders due to supply issues, so other dealers wouldn't be able to do anything either, especially if your wanting a sunroof

James @ Hadley Green LR wrote:
As promised, I am reporting back.......

Unfortunately, although the panoramic roof supplier is operating 21hrs a day, 7 days a week, they are unable to produce enough volume to meet demand.

This means that for the short term we are unable to order vehicles with Panoramic roofs. Land Rover hope that this will be resolved by wk51. This issue also covers L405 full size Range Rover.

We will know more over the next couple of weeks. Of the vehicles that are ordered with factory build dates there are less than 1 car per dealership which will be affected which they are trying to absorb by amending the specifications of demonstrators and showroom display cars.

So, best advice is to discuss with your supplying dealer. In essence if your car is due to be built imminently then all should be well, however if your order is yet to be slotted (and it has a pano roof) then it is likely that the build date will be from late December onwards ordered in order of where you sit in the order bank.

The good news is that if you did not specify a pano roof then you could potentially receive your RRS earlier as the production slots need to be filled with non-pano roofed vehicles.

There is also talk of a similar situation surrounding wood finishes, however information at this stage is quite limited.

As mentioned, we will share whatever information we can, however for exact feedback on your order then please speak to your dealer.

James Thumbs Up

Post #393686 Tue Sep 03 2013 3:28pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Haven't got the brochure handy but don't some models come with the glass roof as standard? If so, none of those will remain in production until the (Chinese?) roof problem is sorted out which suggests a big production backlog and extended delivery times for those cars with sun-roofs. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #393735 Wed Sep 04 2013 8:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12