RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > New order placed yesterday and taking delivery in November!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BMDynamic

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Luxury Orkney Grey
New order placed yesterday and taking delivery in November!

I have been following the forums for quite a while now with interest and at the weekend decided to drop into my local dealer to see if the hype on here (and Top Gear) lived up to the car in the flesh. I have to say I was amazed at the step up from the old RRS, managed to get a test drive in the diesel and once I got back to the dealership I was ready to sign! Sadly I was greeted with 'I can maybe get you a car in June 2014' from a smug looking salesman....

Undeterred, I got home and quickly jumped on to the internet and after a bit of searching, a few emails and phone calls on the Monday I found a company with a couple of build slots for this year delivery (plus a few more for Jan/Feb 14). Took me Mon & Tue sat nervously waiting for the finance to get approved and yesterday got the green light to spec it up!!

Main spec (excluding driver convenience extras):
3.0SDV6 HSE Dynamic
Santorini Black with Privacy Glass
Indus Silver Contrast Roof
21" Black Gloss Alloys & Red Calipers
Ebony/Pimento Interior with 3rd Row Seats
Fixed Side Steps
Stainless Steel front and rear under shield

Might not be to the traditionalists tastes but I thought if I was gonna get one I was gonna go a bit different with the spec.

Post #391824 Thu Aug 15 2013 12:30pm
BMDynamic

Meant to add, if anyone is looking to get one quick I know they have more slots available www.vantage-leasing.com

Post #391825 Thu Aug 15 2013 12:43pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I received an invite on Monday to get one for November on a 63 from a dealer...seems like only a few dealers are having strong order demand (or trying to create hype that they are)...or some dealers just arent i don't know, the 2 dealers around us assure me i can have one in November and they are different companies! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #391848 Thu Aug 15 2013 2:44pm
corrisgrey

United Kingdom 

It will be interesting to see what lead times are like twelve months from now Question

Post #391851 Thu Aug 15 2013 3:07pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Are they charging £2500+ just to have the wheels black or am i looking at the configure page wrong i would go silver and get the wheels done for £70 a corner for same result 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #391856 Thu Aug 15 2013 3:31pm
Cpd1

Good for you. Love the pimento interior choice. I wish I would work up the courage. Love the look I am just afraid I would tired of it after few weeks. Went for very safe ivory/ebony but sill toying with tan or Pimento. So the tan at LR event, it is classy albeit a bit orangey.
Agree re ordering hype. If you walk up to main London dealers they would serve the 1 yr leadtime, as you demonstrated not quite the case everywhere...yet!

Post #391874 Thu Aug 15 2013 4:59pm
BMDynamic

They charged me £500 to do all 4 in gloss black

Post #392377 Wed Aug 21 2013 11:48am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

mse wrote:
I received an invite on Monday to get one for November on a 63 from a dealer...seems like only a few dealers are having strong order demand (or trying to create hype that they are)...or some dealers just arent i don't know, the 2 dealers around us assure me i can have one in November and they are different companies!

I went in to Guy Salmon in Stratford-upon-Avon to see if I could improve on my April date I have from elsewhere and a rather unpleasant salesman told me June and no they would not be interested in taking my Evoque early in P/EX as they were fully stocked. If you believe him, the Evoque bubble has burst, blah blah blah.

Another LR dealer to cross off my list... Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #392483 Thu Aug 22 2013 12:55pm
BMDynamic

I tried Guy S in Knutsford and got exactly the same attitude - maybe its a training course Sytner send their staff on...

Try www.vantage-leasing.com where I got mine from, they had November and January

Post #392486 Thu Aug 22 2013 1:09pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:
mse wrote:
I received an invite on Monday to get one for November on a 63 from a dealer...seems like only a few dealers are having strong order demand (or trying to create hype that they are)...or some dealers just arent i don't know, the 2 dealers around us assure me i can have one in November and they are different companies!

I went in to Guy Salmon in Stratford-upon-Avon to see if I could improve on my April date I have from elsewhere and a rather unpleasant salesman told me June and no they would not be interested in taking my Evoque early in P/EX as they were fully stocked. If you believe him, the Evoque bubble has burst, blah blah blah.

Another LR dealer to cross off my list...

I really like Guy Salmon Cov and Stratford and its Stratford plus stratstone that offered me a slot. Maybe its because you already have a slot and im not buying?

We will see when I go in to get rid of the sport, what they are like...the usual two sales people have recently left Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #392515 Thu Aug 22 2013 5:21pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

My visit was at least useful in that it let me look at the Chili car they had in the showroom and this confirmed it's not for me. It was laughable that the salesman couldn't wait for me to finish my cup of coffee generously prepared for me by the receptionist once he had determined that I was of no use at all to him.

Perhaps it was the fact I wasn't looking at all smart - I'd just been to the tip in Shipston-on-Stour so was wearing clothes to suit and he seemed unconvinced when I joked I wanted rid of the Evoque because it is seriously slower than my Ferrari. Whether he spotted me turn up in my beaten-up tip-duty Impreza WRX, I do not know. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #392518 Thu Aug 22 2013 5:35pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I never go in their smart...i think they had a shock one day when i called in to collect a car in business clothes.

its a shame they treated you like that, i hope the service hasnt slipped in 6 months Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #392520 Thu Aug 22 2013 5:44pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Looks can be deceiving - I once approached a man who looked like the gardner at a very big house putting rubbish in a battered Vauxhall Carlton estate and asked to see to the owner - turned out he was the owner, a millionaire and had a very nice private helicopter sat on the lawn Embarassed Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #392523 Thu Aug 22 2013 5:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1