RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > All-new Range Rover Sport ride and drive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Powerflex

So how does one get an invite to these events?

I have placed a deposit on a car but heard no more.

I was also told there was no possibility of a factory visit.

I am very unsure of colour and trim combinations so am keen to see as many as possible.

Post #389489 Sun Jul 21 2013 4:03pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

I had exactly the same and was told by my dealer that there was no availability to attend having already ordered and paid deposit. It was only after a bit more badgering that I was given details of the 2-3 day events LR are running around the country which you can put your name down for. Although the LR marketing machine doesn't seem to be linked up to the dealer network your dealer should be able to find out and sort you a date when they'll be local to you.

Post #389490 Sun Jul 21 2013 4:14pm
Powerflex

I was invited to the static shows around the country a while ago but when I tried to book a place they were booked up.

Should I just push my dealer then?

What are the events called?

Post #389496 Sun Jul 21 2013 4:56pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Ive just had an invite to the launch of the new sport for next Thursday morning at 8.0 am at my local dealership with a glass of champers on arrival... Shocked Shocked At 8.0. am in the morning... Whistle No chance of a test drive then after the glass of champers.

Post #389497 Sun Jul 21 2013 5:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Recieved an invite today for Rudding Park and Tockwith Circuit 6-8 Aug but clashes with wedding aniversary so busy and can't go Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #389624 Mon Jul 22 2013 9:31pm
Cpd1

went today near Ascot, a great day, very well organised, plenty of time with the car. They must have had close to 60 cars in total. As already highlighted V8 is great fun but not the choice of reason. I was pleasantly surprised by the SDV6, decent punch, quiet. Average of the 1200 mls my car had was 28mpg, obviously not gentle miles I would assume.
Overall car is really impressive. However as already highlighted the media interface has no place in that car. One of my cars had a resolution taht would have been embarassing 5 years ago. The other was better, LR guy said likely the other was pre prod. hmmm Confused
TFT panel is great but such a missed opportunity the middle part b/w the two dials is most of the time not used, no song titles either on bluetooth streaming.
Overall the media/driver interface is the weakest point of the car.
Ivory/Ebony combo was on many cars. few pics attached.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by Cpd1 on Wed Aug 07 2013 12:49pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #390527 Wed Jul 31 2013 4:03pm
mse

United Kingdom 

When the split screen is running, you definitely get a degraded image on the screen ive noticed - its probably how it works

We certainly had the media information displayed in the central area between the two virtual dials. You can customise it to a degree, so it might have been screwed up to some extent.

What i like in all these events is every car has a few options added, none are standard HSE or HSE dynamic spec. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #390536 Wed Jul 31 2013 5:08pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Have to say the screen on my Black Edition is way better than the new FFRR I had on loan and my old MY10 Shocked

Don't like the new gearstick - prefer the rotary select Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #390541 Wed Jul 31 2013 5:32pm
Cpd1

Hi Mike, agree there is some media information but the max I saw were two small lines BBC R2 FM or something like that. Bluetooth just says that no song info. Didn't try to plug my iPhone in using USB cable. The centre screen displays more details but layout is 1990s it seems along with display resolution. A real shame, especially as the minimalist design means a lot of functions are controlled from there.

True that most cars I saw there were well specced. The AB with RSE options have the plush headrest similar to FFRR. Asked the LR guy there, he was puzzled he went and inquired and was told that this is new and not flagged in brochure, if you order RSE you get the winged headrests apparently. Makes for an expensive set of headrests but they are definitely plush.

Also thought the lower part of the cabin were quite plasticky and these could be of higher quality both on the lower part of the doors and the central tunnel. FFRR def plusher in this area.

Last edited by Cpd1 on Wed Jul 31 2013 9:02pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #390542 Wed Jul 31 2013 5:35pm
mse

United Kingdom 

rotary has really grown on my,

My brand new screen...fitted last week - is better than my last to be honest Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #390543 Wed Jul 31 2013 5:35pm
mse

United Kingdom 

those headrest come with the higher spec interior i was told...i know what you mean they are nice Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #390548 Wed Jul 31 2013 6:13pm
mrfrog

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

And there was me expecting a "And I woke up" line at the end !
Sounds like a great day and a seriously involved test drive, well done LR.

I received an invitation for a test drive + off road in Ascot, but couldn't make it due to work commitments Big Cry Probably a good thing, I don't need to be tempted into a new one right now Whistle 

"Roads ? Where we're going there are no roads." Back to the future.

Post #390708 Fri Aug 02 2013 6:46pm
Aaron

United Kingdom 

Just back from the Coworth Park event. A great experience with the new car and very well organised. Took the SDV6 HSE Dynamic to and from the Longcross Test Track, plus around the off-road track. Then stepped into the Supercharged for the Longcross Test track 'experience'...acceleration 0-70-0, slalom, emergency braking, emergency swerving, and skid pan with settings on and off.

The Supercharged is superb, makes a fantastic growl and exhaust note under acceleration. Very quick, and very sports car like, considering the size.

The SDV6 is also actually pleasantly fast too, and ultimately the one I'd go for. It spins up quick, fast response from standstill, and in real world driving just as quick and very good on the road (just no growl like the S/C) - it made my FF S/C feel very old on the return journey from the event!

Here are a few pictures:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 MY07 RR Vogue SE 4.2 S/C

Post #390818 Sat Aug 03 2013 5:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12