RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > I don't know what I'm looking at!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Billsim30

United Kingdom 
I don't know what I'm looking at!

Hi guys.

I don't currently own a RRS as yet. I am looking to buy one but I have a small problem. I don't know that much about them so I don't know what to look out for shopping for one.

I was going to buy a Supra as I know a lot more about them but I fancy something away from sports cars, outside my comfort zone with a comfortable car so to speak.

The next magic trick is that I only want to spend around £14,000. A big ask I know.

So I figured that going to the people who drive these things would be a good place to start.

Bill. Was going to buy a Toyota Supra but thinking of getting a RRS. Know more about the Supra that's why I'm here!

Post #388717 Sat Jul 13 2013 10:26am
Billsim30

United Kingdom 

I appreciate that this is in the wrong topic. I don't know how to move it into general! Was going to buy a Toyota Supra but thinking of getting a RRS. Know more about the Supra that's why I'm here!

Post #388719 Sat Jul 13 2013 10:44am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

A quick search with "buying" brings up these for you to look at Wink

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/search.php?...rch_time=0

Main thing I would recommend is buying from a Lr dealer with a warranty - £14000 to buy is only the start - if it goes wrong you need a warranty or £1000's in savings because these are not cheap to maintain Sad

They are very capable all rounders though - sport car, off road, towing or family estate Bow down

Once you have the bug nothing else will do Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #388720 Sat Jul 13 2013 10:57am
Billsim30

United Kingdom 

Thanks muddywheels,

The links you posted me will keep me going for a bit. My girlfriend had a 4.0 V8 Disco on a LPG convention and gave us nothing but problems (££££). I am hoping to find a good TDV6. I have found one on Autotrader, it is not from a LR dealer but can come with a 3 year warranty (for a £600 fee!). Am I still better to go for one from a LR dealer? Was going to buy a Toyota Supra but thinking of getting a RRS. Know more about the Supra that's why I'm here!

Post #388721 Sat Jul 13 2013 11:20am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Definitely recommend lr dealers because as many have found when things go wrong independent dealers and private will not want to know but a lr dealer will sort things even if they sometimes need a push Whistle

You could also consider buying off a forum member - many on here are enthusiasts who spend a lot of money keeping their RRS in pristine condition with fsh so probably better buys than many at dealers Bow down

A warranty for 3 years costing £600 sounds too good to be true - many are not worth the paper they are printed on - I would only have a genuine Lr warranty but read the small print before you decide Confused Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #388725 Sat Jul 13 2013 11:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1