RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Paint Protection by VentureShield
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
Paint Protection by VentureShield

My car is going to be fitted with the Venture Tape protection system next week while the Dealer has it for the PDI. This comprises of an extremely tough clear film that's applied to the front facing panels of the car to protect from stone chips and any other abrasion. Following a few conversations with them highlighting other owner's problem with the protection of the sill areas, they agreed to make a new template for this area and they'll try it out on my car.

When I have taken delivery of the car I shall be taking some pictures and providing everyone with a full write up of it on an ongoing basis to see how well it works in offroad and on road scenarios.

VentureTape have told me that there will be a discount available for the forum members too.

I'll keep you posted on it. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Last edited by RRUK on Sat Sep 17 2005 4:25pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #2379 Fri Sep 16 2005 12:08pm
Biggles

England 

Keep us informed RRUK, may be good for us all especially with a discount involved Smile Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2380 Fri Sep 16 2005 12:38pm
RRUK

Details of VentureTape Install and Pricing

As you may know, my Supercharged arrived at the weekend and I had the VentureTape paint protection film applied to the car. The advantages are that the invisible film is extremely tough, will protect against stone chips and anything else that gets hurled towards your car's beautiful paintwork, and yet, can be removed by peeling off if need be with no detriment to the paint whatsoever. It will also last for years and years and has undergone rigorous testing. These kits are normally found on the front end of Ferrari’s, Porsche’s and anything else exotic and expensive. (A bit like the Range Rover Sport then! Cool )

The existing kit was for the front of the car to include the bonnet, headlamps, front bumper and the front faces of the wheel arch panels on the front of the car.

Because I read about existing owners having trouble with the sill area too, I asked them if they could create a new template for that area, which they did. These have also been fitted to my car, and cover the entire painted surface over the rolled edge, protecting from any scuffing and scratching.

The beauty of these is that they can be fitted DIY by yourself in about 20 minutes, and you could even put the Landrover accessory sill covers on top too (which I probably will do when the wife lets me spend a little more money Confused )

The company VentureShield have said they will give a 10% discount on the full kit (inc sills) and the stand alone sill kits for forum members. As I said above, if you just want the sill kit, you can mail order them and fit them yourself or, call your nearest dealer to come and fit them for you if you prefer. You would have to negotiate an installation fee with your local dealer (as the kit is so easy to do, you’d be better off doing it yourself)

You can find your nearest dealer on the VentureShield website at:

www.invisiblepatterns.com

or more directly from this page:

http://www.invisiblepatterns.com/dealers.asp

To quote VentureShield themselves:

“It should be possible for your members to mail order the side sills and because of the size of the pieces it shouldn’t be too difficult for them to install themselves. If they require this option please ensure that they advise whoever they order them from that they supply a DIY kit with fitting solution, squeegee and instructions.

Naturally the full kit should only be fitted by a qualified installer”

Pricing:
Full Kit including installation: (Bonnet, bumper, front of wheel arch panels, headlamps, sills) £499 retail, to forum members £449.00

Just the sill kit via mail order £ 30.00

When ordering mention the forum name and the discount, and if there is any doubt about it by the dealer (if the person who answers the phone has not been told yet for example) as a last resort please quote the chap’s name I dealt with, Keith Mansfield. Should they need to speak with him they can verify it etc.

I’ve only had my car for 3 days, but I have to say, the peace of mind of knowing my car is so well protected now as we move into the winter is very comforting indeed. It looks brilliant (i.e. you can’t see it really – which is the point) and the fitting itself was a superb job and great customer service all the way. I give them a certain thumbs up.

Now it’s up to you! Very Happy

PS: I shall try and get some pics posted of close ups but its pretty hard to see it! Any local members are more than welcome to meet up and take a look at it also. Laughing L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2694 Mon Sep 26 2005 4:18pm
RRUK

Pictures of the Tape Protection

I managed to get the light to catch the film edges on this one

And the front edge of the front sill catches the light here too...

L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2695 Mon Sep 26 2005 4:53pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

A new product called "Paintshield" has just been introduced in this region. See my gallery for the advert that appeared in yesterday's newspapers. I wonder if this is in any way connected to VentureShield. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #3116 Mon Oct 10 2005 10:25am
RRUK

Looks like the same concept at least L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3132 Mon Oct 10 2005 2:00pm
RRUK

No doubt you'll have seen my recent post about the dent on the front of my bonnet...well, the only upside is that the Venture Tape did what it was supposed to.

It was a serious stone impact to make such a dent and yet, the protective tape completely prevented any actual paint damage. It has firmed up in my mind that minor stone chips are NOT going to have any effect whatsoever if it can ward off such an impact. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3602 Wed Oct 19 2005 8:44pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Nice! Excellent testament to the product then.

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #3628 Wed Oct 19 2005 11:18pm
RRUK

Here's some text from their web site answering a few FAQ's

"VentureShield is the toughest chip protection film on the market. Combining excellent elastic properties and optical clarity with a huge shear and tack adhesive, VentureShield is twice as stone resistant as the leading competitor.

Will it diminish the appearance of my car? VentureShield will protect your car for years, and remain virtually invisible.

Can VentureShield be washed and waxed?
Yes, you may wash and wax your vehicle as if VentureShield were not present.

Will my car fade under the sun?
Yes. VentureShield film is UV stable, but will allow UV rays to penetrate. This feature eliminates the two shades of paint problem resulting from traditional car bras. Remember however, that unlike other films, VentureShield does not discolour, crack or peel. To protect against UV penetration of your paintwork use TOUGHSEAL.

If I sell my car, can VentureShield be removed?
Yes. VentureShield uses a patented acrylic adhesive which can be safely removed without residue, leaving your car looking as great as the day you bought it!

Total Transparency. VentureShield will also protect todays expensive headlights from gravel damage that leads to moisture entrapment, cracks and blown fuses. Due to its optical clarity, VentureShield will not diminish light transmission from your headlights, whilst providing maximum protection." L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3865 Mon Oct 24 2005 1:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1