RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > First time rrs owner. Fuji white or corris grey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ur84wr

First time rrs owner. Fuji white or corris grey

Hi all,

Now I know the subject could be talked about for hours and Iam really not looking for personal preferences here (if such is possible when colour is the subject).

However being a first time rrs owner and not having seen the car in the flesh, Iam wondering what colour of white or dark grey will best show the lines and figure of the new rrs. I was sold on white but after spending the weekend in my sisters new a-class in white and then seeing one in black, it had never stuck out at me so much as on that particular car, but the darker metallic and reflective nature of the black made it look like a much more beautiful piece of design. The curves and character of the car became much much more apparent and it turned the car from great to exquisite.

Now Iam not too familiar with the rrs and it will be the first 4x4 I've bought but what is everyone's option on this. I relate this to the fact the x5 and touraeg and cayenne all look quite dull and sedate white but the old rrs looks pretty schmick.

The marketing photos in corris look great and the white press pics on caradvice.com.au look clean and slick too.

I will likely get an hse with 20inch wheels and preferably tan interior, both of which will work well with corris. It will be more of a utility and leisure car than a posers bling bling mobile.

All comments welcomed.

Post #385161 Tue Jun 11 2013 10:40am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I would have thought that white would be better in Oz to help keep it cool in the hot sun. The grey will be better in terms of not having to keep it clean every five minutes if that might be a worry.

I'd be minded to go for grey with the silver roof and solar glass options. The best of both worlds.

If you're not in to bling, consider going for the smaller wheels too - better for comfort and if you do venture off the blacktop it'll give you more options for tyres - as well as giving better protection to the wheel. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #385244 Tue Jun 11 2013 10:14pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

I currently have the MY10.5 Fuji which works well in OZ with the amount of Sun Thumbs Up
especially in Queensland, so it might be worth building both on the LR MY14 web pages and
seeing what takes your fancy...

to be honest the white is easy to keep clean, more so than the dark metallics as it does not
show the dust, likewise i assume for the light to mid range greys, they tend to hide the
dirt/dust better than say Santorini..

I would be interested to see the Scotia grey in the flesh as i may have a new job opportunity
in the US and have been looking at a MY14 if this goes ahead.. approx 71K in the US for a
V6 Supercharged HSE, i suspect an oil burner HSE with all the toys in OZ will be nigh on
double that in terms of price.. Do you have any indication of price from the dealers ??

Cheers

Jim Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #385650 Mon Jun 17 2013 4:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1