RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Lindacre Ipswich
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

essexfarmer

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey
Lindacre Ipswich

Lindacre collected the Sport from me the other day to sort out a few warranty issues, the car was returned promptly with all the problems sorted and it had been cleaned inside and out, I was kept up to date with their progress by friendly and efficient staff, if only all Land Rover service centres were this good. 12MY RRS Orkney Grey HSE Lux
12MY FF Santorini Black VSE

Post #384903 Fri Jun 07 2013 10:07am
Beancounter_74

England 

Good to hear EF Thumbs Up
Lookers Chelmsford were very good the last time I went in there, but good to hear there is a decent dealer not a million miles away Cool ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #384911 Fri Jun 07 2013 10:47am
essexfarmer

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

BC I know that Lindacre isn’t exactly 'local' but I chose them for the warranty work because I recently took the FF to them with a starting problem. I had originally taken it in to Lookers but they were unable to find the fault. Lindacre diagnosed a faulty starter and replaced it under warranty. While it was with them they also did it's first service which was considerably cheaper than I could get it done locally and when I collected the FF the bill for the service was even less than quoted, result, you don’t often get that. 12MY RRS Orkney Grey HSE Lux
12MY FF Santorini Black VSE

Post #384928 Fri Jun 07 2013 1:54pm
Beancounter_74

England 

That's very good to hear, as you say, worth go the extra miles to get service like that Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #384931 Fri Jun 07 2013 2:09pm
RRSDoug

United Kingdom 

Hi,
I'm a member from babyrr.com but had to reply to this post. (jointed as I'm hopping to exchange my Evoque for the new RRS next year)

When I owned a D3, Lindacre looked after me with excellent service. Having owned Audi's before my D3 & had nothing but poor service from Audi. Just goes to show, it's not all about the car, excellent after sales service is the reason why I'm now looking at my third LR Thumbs Up

Post #385000 Sat Jun 08 2013 7:08pm
Timf

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Yes, I'm a regular client & would recommend them every time. Really good group of people. Always on time, taxi service into my office in Ipswich FOC, and value for money. Use them, they will do you well.

Post #432550 Thu Aug 07 2014 11:55am
Bradders

United Kingdom 

essexfarmer wrote:
BC I know that Lindacre isn’t exactly 'local' but I chose them for the warranty work because I recently took the FF to them with a starting problem. I had originally taken it in to Lookers but they were unable to find the fault. Lindacre diagnosed a faulty starter and replaced it under warranty. While it was with them they also did it's first service which was considerably cheaper than I could get it done locally and when I collected the FF the bill for the service was even less than quoted, result, you don’t often get that.

That made me laugh - a car with a starting problem that turned out to be the starter, but Lookers couldn't find a fault…. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #432551 Thu Aug 07 2014 12:05pm
markgmr

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red
Lindacre Ipswich

We have previously used Lindacre with no problems at all, when they were a Land Rover only service centre but after our experience on Monday we will not be returning. My wife booked our 2013 sport in for an 80,000 mile service. On arrival she was told although the courtesy car had been booked the service had not. After this was sorted she was asked whether she was aware of any issues with the vehicle to which she answered yes and asked if the handbrake and headlights could be checked. The handbrake did not seem to locking both wheels when it was on and the lights were out of alignment.

She then moved the childrens car seats into the courtesy car and set off home. After not even getting to the end of the road she was forced to stop as she noticed the engine management light was on. Another SSang Yong was issued and she set off once again. After dropping the car off at 9am we had not heard from Lindacre by 3.30 so we rang to find out if the car was ready for collection. We were told that both the issues raised had been checked by the technician and that both required no further action.

We paid for the service £585 and left thinking our car had been well looked after, once we were home we pulled onto the drive only to see the lights had not been realigned and were in exactly the same position. We applied the handbrake and as our drive is on a hill was shocked to find the handbrake alone would not hold the car.

We have today jacked up the offside wheel and found that when the handbrake is applied it is still possible to turn the wheel by hand, the handbrake is very clearly not working as it should.

Post #521033 Wed Mar 15 2017 8:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1