RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Does anyone else get a driveline shunt at low speeds?SORTED!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

theforman

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue

hi all, my rrs tdv6 2005 with 126k on the clock has this simuiler fault. or is this normal, has the gearbox got a filter fittedf and can i change the oil in box or is the box sealed for life??

after driving off normaly to hit 20/30 mph then ease off to say 15 mph then gently eccelerate i get a sort of half a second delay of engagement of the gears with a slight thump.
is this something to worry about? ive had the car for 2 weeks now and done nearly 400 miles. is there known fault with these boxs ??
appreciate all threads mark a[/b]

hi all i should finally put this to rest. after all this time ive fount the out what the slght thump i had when pulling off it was a tare in the rubber housing on the propshaft bearing, hay put new one on from ebay and guess what,,,, no more thump,,,

happy days...

Last edited by theforman on Sun Dec 15 2013 2:20pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #334874 Fri Mar 02 2012 4:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
factoryfil

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Java Black

I have a similar age and milage rrs, I done a gearbox fluid and filter change recently and it improved the operation of the box alot, stopped the low speed revs fluctuating and lumpy downshift issues, over a 100k on the same oil doesn't seem quite right? the genuine fluid and filter pan are expensive but seemed worth it compared to the cost of a new box,hopes this info helps

Post #336862 Sat Mar 17 2012 1:21am
Topvaruk

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

murdered out

i agree, but it does clear at around 162mph Labour of love

Post #354381 Tue Aug 21 2012 8:24pm
dvb247

England 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

My RRS is 9 months old, I have noticed this issue too, I was convinced I had a broken seat, I think I'm going to chat with Stockport LR as I'm still not happy with the huge lag when pulling out of a junction or reapplying the accelerator when going round a roundabout!! If you've got it, spend it!

Post #371672 Thu Jan 31 2013 6:16am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The "lag" when pulling away from rest such as at a junction is caused by the gearbox defaulting to 2nd gear when pulling away. If you select 1st gear as you get to the junction, you should find that it's quicker to go when you ask it to. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #371678 Thu Jan 31 2013 8:04am
Byreman

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

I have a 2008 2.7 HSE RRS and its done this for around 3 years. Dealer says it a feature of the car. Annoying but only happens when you slow down quickly and accelerate again. Thunk..... Still it's no worse than 3 years ago.....

Post #384584 Mon Jun 03 2013 6:59pm
flack

I am sure there is a software upgrade called anti bump for the v8 gearbox that is supposed to fix this issue

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #384626 Tue Jun 04 2013 9:12am
theforman

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue
Re: Does anyone else get a driveline shunt at low speeds?SOR

Diablo wrote:
Gents,

I drove my wife's RRS HSE over the weekend and noticed and low speed shunt in the drive line. Say for example you take your foot off the throttle at a low speed e.g. 20-30 mph, and then reapply the throttle it is not smooth. There is a noticeable shunt just as you reapply the throttle. Is this normal?

Many thanks

i toooo had the very same problem it was the centre propsahft bearing which had a tare in the rubber bush,, i changed it and wayyyhhhhat the problem went £52 off ebay,, happy dayys Thumbs Up

Post #406238 Sun Dec 15 2013 2:36pm
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I wonder if anyone has any conclusive solution to this?

My car has always had a transmission thud when taking up drive again here and there. Had it flushed and reset but its still pretty much the same.

Local indy told me the centre prop bush was shot, but didn't seem to feel it was terribly urgent, and commented it likely wasn't the source of the problem, as "they all do it".

Forum knowledge seems to suggest when a centre rubber mount is goosed, a full new prop is a better answer than repairing a centre bearing due to balance and vibration issues? I am going to do the prop at next service anyway to see if it improves it.

This fault is a disappointing one on what is otherwise a very nice car to own.

Post #409174 Sat Jan 11 2014 11:39pm
flack

Stuart

There is now a software patch for this, it does not fix every car but up to now I have only done one which did not fix it totally and that was a D3..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #409195 Sun Jan 12 2014 10:11am
SRE

Spain 

Is there a reference number or anything for this patch? In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #409200 Sun Jan 12 2014 10:21am
samson

Poland 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

I'm also waiting for any reference number for this soft update...

Post #453203 Fri Feb 20 2015 9:35pm
Rangie78

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

It looks like it has already been said but just wanted to share that I had the same driveline shunt issue. My local dealer (Lloyds of Carlisle) said it needed a load of suspension bushes changing.

Thankfully I went to Fulton Landrovers in Workington who said it needed a double gearbox flush. Got them to do it and problem was solved. I'd have been sick if I had commissioned the suspension work and still had the issue.

Post #483415 Mon Dec 28 2015 4:43pm
Byreman

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

That's great thanks, I will get my garage to try that one...... Why a double gearbox flush ? Any ideas ??

Post #483418 Mon Dec 28 2015 6:24pm
Jaggs

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Double gearbox change to try and get all the old oil out but it doesn't, your better with a gearbox flush

Post #483420 Mon Dec 28 2015 7:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>