Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Suspension Warnings
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

nickp

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver
Suspension Warnings

Am getiing a couple of warnings :

1. "Suspension raising slowly" when going from normal height to off road height .
2. " Suspension will raise when system cooled " again when performing the above .

Outside temp tonight is 22 degrees .

Has anybody else seen this . In the manual is does not say it is a fault ????

Post #975 Thu Jul 14 2005 9:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Toodeep

United Kingdom 

I've seen number 1 a few times but not number 2. I must say I've never regarded it as a fault even though I've had a fair share. I live in London so I was only really playing but I guess I might be concerned if I had to use the different settings with anything approaching regularity. I'd say if (a) the message does not mention "fault", (b) they've bothered to programme in the message you are getting and, most importantly, (c) the suspension does indeed raise after a while, I would not worry yet. However I'd also keep an eye on the Discovery 3 forums as they've had their cars longer. Also check out the RRS forum on www.rangerovers.net if you are not already a member. Range Rover Sport TdV6HSE in Bonatti Grey + 20" Stormer wheels (ex X5 and ML driver)

Post #977 Thu Jul 14 2005 10:45pm
Toodeep

United Kingdom 

Since my previous post I've found this thread on the sister Disco 3 forum site http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=599 which mentions your second "fault" specifically. I haven't read through to see if there's any solution but there are several other threads to do with suspension failures on the Disco 3 which essentially is the same underneath as the RRS. A read through the various problems might worry you though. It certainly has me! Range Rover Sport TdV6HSE in Bonatti Grey + 20" Stormer wheels (ex X5 and ML driver)

Post #979 Thu Jul 14 2005 11:42pm
BN

England 

Hi guys, the suspension is and always has been a bit of a delicate one for RR, D2 and now D3. Your suspension is the same as D3. There are many reasons the suspension can give problems and the easiest one to explain is that of an air leak, forgetting the reading on the dash for the moment. Easily corrected if it can be found. I think your compressors and air tanks will be fine as they are after the D3, but some early models may just have crept in with old systems, worth checking out.

Basically it is a dealer check. The other problem, many of the dealers are so under trained and inexperienced with both the D3 and RRS it is a problem in its self.

Post #980 Fri Jul 15 2005 5:37am
nickp

Thanks for all your feedback . I rang the dealer this morning and we all seem to know more about these isues !!. I am taking it in in the morning to have it checked . Will let you know what is the outcome .

Post #982 Fri Jul 15 2005 7:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

The result will be interesting

Post #983 Fri Jul 15 2005 8:16am
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Any news on this suspension problem? Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #2084 Thu Sep 01 2005 6:09pm
nickp

Update

I am told by my dealer that the 'Suspension raising slowly " that you see in the message centre is not a fault .

The other warning that I had re when the system had cooled , seemed to indicate a faulty compressor , which after some hassle I had replaced . All seems to be OK now . The compressor issue has been well documented on disco3.co.uk.

Post #2086 Thu Sep 01 2005 7:21pm
cpurewal

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zambezi Silver

i have a light up right now. it wont let me raise or lower the vehicle. my front is down and my back is at normal height. unfortunately, dealer doesnt have time to fix it until next week. so it sits in the garage till i can get it fixed. really dissapointed with the rrs so far Sad(

c 2006 RRS Silver HSE Loaded
2005 Triumph Rocket III
2004 Dodge Viper Vert

Post #3815 Sat Oct 22 2005 2:22pm
Mr Bean

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I'm on pump/compressor no. 3 and that's started playing up today so I'll be on my 4th soon and I've only done 8000 miles. Guy Salmons Land Rover will no doubt tell me again that it's only me who's had this problem and it'll require extensive road testing, joy-riding, again.

Post #3841 Sun Oct 23 2005 10:04pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I'm sure you know this, but when starting up, are you leaving the ignition on long enough so it 'bongs' before starting the engine? You need to allow the car to run through the system checks. Starting up before can result in suspension errors.

I've not experienced this on my own car (now done 8,000 miles) as we always wait for the startup bong. However, it did experience this when on the LRE day. During the day, we stop/started many times. Once we started without letting it bong - then after half an hour's driving (heavy going off-roading) we got suspension errors coming up. The instructor told us that this was becuase of the quick startup. We stopped the engine and started up again properly. Then there was no further errors for the rest of the day.
If there was 'real' suspension errors on that car, it would of repeated the errors, as we were repeatedly changing the suspension settings without any problems. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #3842 Sun Oct 23 2005 10:33pm
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
new design

I was just reading about new design for the existing air compressor for D3 so what is wrong in the current one? Any clue

Post #3844 Mon Oct 24 2005 5:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1