Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Wow just love the new RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Beancounter_74

England 

SingeRRS wrote:
4. No sign of a V8 diesel - same asmatic V6

I wouldn't call 30 more horses under the bonnet than the current incarnation (up from 255) asthmatic Wink ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #378892 Thu Mar 28 2013 11:21am
AndyBrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Luxury Fuji White
Re: HSE vs Autobiography

AudiRoyal wrote:
Does anyone see the difference between HSE and Autobiography on new RRS?

I don't see it. thanks.

I thought this as well, there must be some specification details but visually they appear to be very similar, they need a comparison chart with each model side by side showing the standard kit each one has.

Post #378894 Thu Mar 28 2013 11:27am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

SingeRRS wrote:
I will test drive one but its handling has to be miles ahead of the current RRS (which even given the weight reduction I doubt it is) to make it worth consideration. The attraction of the current RRS seems to be lost - a true off road performer (yes I use low range a lot) plus acceptable, or even good handling at speed in comfort.

The handling is, according to LR, much better than the outgoing RRS. The weight reduction alone would give some benefits but it seems that they have designed it as an off-roading road car rather than a road-going off roader.

You can get the low range box but you have to go for the "dynamic" spec. So you're looking at c.£65k if you need a low range box. I'm betting that the majority will buy the non-dynamic HSE quite happily and never know they're missing the proper kit. But then, the majority of the dynamic pack owners won't ever use the low range box either so...

I think what this is showing is that LR understand their market very well - 4x4 that never go 4x4ing but the owners like the "reflected glory" of the LR brand. They've probably looked at the public face of LR ownership (places like this) and realised that most owners just polish them and bling them up. They've tailored the product to the market.

The Defender and Disco replacements need to maintain their legendary off road abilities or the brand will just become "Chelsea Tractors 'R' Us". 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #378899 Thu Mar 28 2013 1:02pm
mse

United Kingdom 

It is really bad you have to get a dynamic to get the low range and terrain response 2 and then to make it nearly the same as my current 13MY sport you have to add about 5k.

so to get what ive right now equipment wise would cost about £11k more and to get the same by name would cost 1k more.

I dont think thats going to happen. The sports appeal is not its road handling its the package...if it cant do it out of the box, its no good. It will be a real shame that the majority of people will buy the cheaper and never know - idiots. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #378961 Thu Mar 28 2013 5:20pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Both of the above two posts make valid points. My driving consists of probably 95% everyday Tarmac , 3% poor wintery conditions and 2% grass/mud/off road. I bought it because it drives well in ALL these conditions, I doubt if I would buy (and pay a premium for ) one with the 50/50 split just to keep me safe in that 5%.
I might as well go looking at X5s/cayennes/Touaregs next time, as they are by popular consensus better on road than off.
As RRSTDV8 states, LR know the market and are obviously going after the audience who don't really care what goes on underneath it, more what it looks like (hence launching it in New York, which is the biggest metropolitan market for them , with not a green lane in sight!)
It never bothered me that I only have an SE, as mine is just the same underneath as any other,just with less toys to go wrong, but i think on the new one it would annoy me if I couldn't justify buying the Dynamic.
The design is growing on me especially when you see it in other colours especially the grey..........
Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #378977 Thu Mar 28 2013 6:42pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It will be interesting to look at the sales figures in 12-18months time and see what proportion have bought the "proper" Sport i.e. dynamic, and what proportion have gone for the "image" Sport i.e. SE, HSE. I'm betting that the vast majority will say "hey, for £50k-odd I can get a great car" and go for the non-dynamic versions. Petrolheads will go for the dynamic because it's more accomplished on road. <1% will buy the dynamic and think "wow, great off roader I've got here"

At least in the UK.

In other markets, I can see the dynamic selling well as people use their 4x4 for 4x4-stuff. Thinking the US and the antipodes particularly.

Whatever the choices, it will sell very well. Of that I have no doubt. I just hope enough dynamics are sold in the UK to make the second hand market worthwhile in 2-3 years' time for those who want the low range box etc. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #379033 Fri Mar 29 2013 1:30am
mse

United Kingdom 

You are right - im sure it will sell...currently 60% sure i wont be buying one though, as i cant see me wasting the extra money and im not buying one for looks - although my wife did say how often did i use low range, to which i replied 3 times in this sport Rolling Eyes Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379062 Fri Mar 29 2013 11:51am
sherlock

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Yeah - my current TDV8 is on a 58 plate so I think my next will either be a second hand last TDV8 on a 10 plate or the newer but current version TDV6 and buy myself a V8 CD to play as I drive Smile TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx
20" HST alloys, Privacy glass, Side steps, Xenon Adaptive Lighting, Adaptive cruise control

Post #379065 Fri Mar 29 2013 11:55am
mse

United Kingdom 

Ill have to see when i get to September what im going to do...

As it stands I just cant see the point to pay more for the same and loose features that should be a core offering or pay even more for the same...before getting into some of the extras i would take. HSE with low range would have probably seen me continuing the sport run...maybe (ignoring the loss of some other things)

Its a real shame - the current sport was my all time favourite car before the aston martin...i admit the design (even being the same as the evoque) is growing on me in different colours etc, but i cant escape the features and associated price issues

Its a shame - but we will see Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379068 Fri Mar 29 2013 12:16pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

MSE you have hit the nail on the head, not enough equipment as standard and way over the top pricing when you attempt to create and spec up a new RRS HSE when compared to the current HSE.

If it were a question of £5000 - £7000 for a swap to the new model, with the same spec as I have at present then I would probably go for a new model when they come out. However I am coming in at £13k - £14k over the new cost of my existing RRS just to get what I already have.

I am finding it very difficult to justify buying a car for close to £70k, especially as I only get to drive my vehicles for 6 moths of the year...........

Jim

Post #379077 Fri Mar 29 2013 1:58pm
defender_uk

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

mse wrote:
Ill have to see when i get to September what im going to do...

As it stands I just cant see the point to pay more for the same and loose features that should be a core offering or pay even more for the same...before getting into some of the extras i would take. HSE with low range would have probably seen me continuing the sport run...maybe (ignoring the loss of some other things)

Its a real shame - the current sport was my all time favourite car before the aston martin...i admit the design (even being the same as the evoque) is growing on me in different colours etc, but i cant escape the features and associated price issues

Its a shame - but we will see

absolutely...the cost of the 'extras' that should be standard to get it to the HSE spec is ridiculous....what a bloody shame.

Post #379079 Fri Mar 29 2013 2:21pm
defender_uk

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

they have removed all prices from the configurator now...Sad

Post #379081 Fri Mar 29 2013 2:44pm
mse

United Kingdom 

still on this link:
http://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl/en_gb/l494/ Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379099 Fri Mar 29 2013 5:56pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

defender_uk wrote:
they have removed all prices from the configurator now...Sad

They are there now? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #379101 Fri Mar 29 2013 6:00pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Beancounter_74 wrote:
SingeRRS wrote:
4. No sign of a V8 diesel - same asmatic V6

I wouldn't call 30 more horses under the bonnet than the current incarnation (up from 255) asthmatic Wink

Niether would i. No previous V8 RR will keep up with this. Still not keen though. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #379112 Fri Mar 29 2013 8:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123