RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 1year on & RRS can still draw crowds!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
1year on & RRS can still draw crowds!

Yesterday afternoon and evening I hooked my trailer to the RRS and went off windsurfing on Loch Lomond. The beach I sail from is also popular with Jetskiers. I was a little surprised to find 6 assorted RR's (mainly P38A's, but also 2 L322 versions) all with jetskis on trailers appear just after me. The jetskis are permited to park on the beach but us windsurfers have to park in the main carpark and carry our boards and rigs to the beach..... but all the jetski guys have to come back to the carpark to have their permits checked and have to walk passed the grassy area were we rig up.
While I was rigging up first one and then another of the jetskiers came over to ask to have a look at the RRS.................. all the usual questions and the one I get a lot "It's a very unusal colour, I've never seen that before - is your car a special version? It is very nice" Then they ask how well the Supercharged engine performs. Did you know that there is only a Supercharged RRS available? That is the impression that many people with older RRs seem to have! Pop the bonnet and start the engine.............................. totally gobsmacked "That is so quiet, even with the bonnet open" "Mine has the Td6 and it is so coarse compared to that"
So eventually I managed to get rigged up and go out sailing, come back after an hour on the water and go to car for some water (now the chilled cubby box would be very useful!) and am accosted by a posse of RR owners. "are you the guy with the Sport?" "we have never seen inside one, can we have a look please" "Wow that is beautiful" even from the Td6 Vogue owner!
Something I should add - all of these guys are not the sort of guys that you would normally associate with being Range Rover owners - they are what we up here would call "neds" or "hardmen", these are the sort of guys you would normally expect to see driving round in a battered Transit van and their RR's looked like they were their pride and joy - all were externally near standard apart from heavily tinted privacy glass, even down to the standard RR alloys.
So RRS is still something that folks want to have a look at and aspire to! Then I got my own back - have any of you ever tried your cars in proper offroad conditions................ not one of them had been further offroad than the shingle beach they were parked on ! What a waste of a good 4x4! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #37521 Thu Jun 08 2006 9:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Off - Roading..................... what's that Rolling Eyes 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #37544 Thu Jun 08 2006 10:04am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Tim, the RRS does have an unbelievable ability to make people fall in love with it.

I was filling up the other day (No surprise there then...) and 3 blokes crammed in a builders Transit pulled up on the pump next to me.

"Nice car mate!" one of them shouted.

"F Censored g 'ell mate! How much did that set you back?"

etc...etc... Very Happy Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #37548 Thu Jun 08 2006 10:09am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Oh yes Evil or Very Mad I had the same from a taxi driver in Coventry the other day ... stop rubbing it in - I thought Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #37551 Thu Jun 08 2006 10:11am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

SuperT - hairy arsed builders eh? Now if you had a crowd of models that would be a different matter! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #37552 Thu Jun 08 2006 10:11am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Building up to that VA! Embarassed (Pardon the pun!)

Maybe we should drive via Monaco or St Tropez on our Cross continent jaunt! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #37585 Thu Jun 08 2006 10:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1