Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Poor battery connections
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

overfinchred

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Poor battery connections

Both my battery connections are not that tight
The negative connector even when as tight as Can be I can still pull it off the hattery post

Bloody annoying as like today could not get in car so had to use the passenger door entry manually but then when key in ignition everything was ok and battery seems fine

Answers on a postcard please “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
Current RRS Overfinch TDV8, Nissan Skyline R34 GTT, 1958 VW Splitscreen camper, 1961 VW Splitscreen Double cab pickup( now gone), Fiat 500
Gone -BMW X5 and X6, Jaguar XF, Chrysler 300c, Nissan Figaro, Nisan 350z,BMW 3 series, Merc 220d, various Fords, Mini Cooper, 3 old shape mini's, Ford Capri

Post #371249 Mon Jan 28 2013 8:50pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

I find that loosening them off, then a gentle tap back down with a hammer (gentle!) then hold the clamp down whilst tightening the bolt back up does the trick.

Is it a LR (varta) battery or something aftermarket? Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #371263 Mon Jan 28 2013 9:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
overfinchred

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

it is a genuine Jaguar/LR battery but no mater how tight I spanner the connection it will just pull off - it seems as though the connector is no good and do not want the hassle of changing this

Funnly thing is the car would not unliock last night via the key - got in manualy and car started first time with ni dmiing etc - checked battery and waas connected but loose

Not sure what to do now? “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
Current RRS Overfinch TDV8, Nissan Skyline R34 GTT, 1958 VW Splitscreen camper, 1961 VW Splitscreen Double cab pickup( now gone), Fiat 500
Gone -BMW X5 and X6, Jaguar XF, Chrysler 300c, Nissan Figaro, Nisan 350z,BMW 3 series, Merc 220d, various Fords, Mini Cooper, 3 old shape mini's, Ford Capri

Post #371395 Tue Jan 29 2013 3:30pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

If you bought it from a dealer, they should fix it. Otherwise the pos cable Inc megafuse is about £250. You can't get the clamp or the bolt on it's own, but a breakers may be able to supply.

The neg cable is about £75 istr Bodsys Brake Bible
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #371398 Tue Jan 29 2013 3:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Failing that, if you can get som every thin lead, you could place a little inside the clamp so you can tighten it. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Post #371399 Tue Jan 29 2013 3:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1