RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > mini off road course
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Kaine

United Kingdom 
mini off road course

while at the dealers today (Shukers - Shrewsbury) the sales guy offered to take us round the small offroad course they have out the back (wife declined Rolling Eyes ). Its only a short course, however well designed and really shows the RRS capabilities really well - well, actually the RRS breezed it.

I got to see the 4x4 display screen - very nice feature - we had two wheels of the ground at one point and was impressed how it shows up on the screen, plus I liked the real-time wheel and height indications. I guess its a bit pointless in reality, however I like techie things like that

Now I really cant wait to do the LR offroad day that is offered.

Kaine

Post #37027 Sat Jun 03 2006 3:39pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: mini off road course

Kaine wrote:
I got to see the 4x4 display screen - very nice feature - we had two wheels of the ground at one point and was impressed how it shows up on the screen, plus I liked the real-time wheel and height indications. I guess its a bit pointless in reality, however I like techie things like that. Kaine

ALL RRS's have the system whether you have the colour monitor or not, it just that in cars that don't have satnav screens you get a simplified display in the info-centre in the binnacle. It only shows which way the front wheels are pointing and that is really really useful offroad I can assure you. The rest is nice but not necessary really as you know when the TC and HDC are working as they have indicators on the dash too. I believe that there have been a lot of problems with the sensors for the offroad display not working. I don't have the factory fit system but did find it a distraction when offroading the LRE cars as it is very eyecatching when the various icons change from green to red as they switch on and off. As far as being a nice toy to have ............ I agree entirely and was amazed at how soon/much the locking diffs operated even in gentle offroad conditions! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #37039 Sat Jun 03 2006 4:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy

United Kingdom 

I know where I'm going tomorrow! Very Happy 2002 Discovery Adventurer LE
1998 Freelander xedi
Ertl limited edition RRS model number 817

Post #37044 Sat Jun 03 2006 5:02pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Andy wrote:
I know where I'm going tomorrow! Very Happy

Andy,

I didn't even realise it was there until they offered to take us round - well worth a visit IMHO - but not tomorrow - there closed Sundays Smile

Kaine

Post #37046 Sat Jun 03 2006 5:39pm
Andy

United Kingdom 

What car dealers are closed Sundays? Shocked

Sounds like a job for next weekend then Razz 2002 Discovery Adventurer LE
1998 Freelander xedi

Post #37052 Sat Jun 03 2006 7:40pm
Tim in Scotland

Most dealers round these parts are open on a Sunday between 10 and 4pm, could still be worth a try Andy! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #37054 Sat Jun 03 2006 7:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Most dealers round these parts are open on a Sunday between 10 and 4pm, could still be worth a try Andy!

It is a bit odd in this day and age, but both LR Shukers in Shrewsbury and the BMW dealership opposite are both closed on Sundays - all the other dealers (MB, VW, AUDI.......) are open though

Post #37055 Sat Jun 03 2006 7:56pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

interestingly, this was one of the reasons we bought a Touareg last year

Post #37056 Sat Jun 03 2006 7:57pm
Andy

United Kingdom 

I live next door to a Shrewsbury car dealer, he says Sundays is one of his busiest days, even his wife goes is and answers the telephones it gets so busy. I could understand being closed mid week but Sundays is just Confused .
Although I get the impression they're pretty laid back at Shukers in Shrewsbury, when we first got the Freelander we visited them for accessories and stuff, but they're accessories bit was closed. I think that was a Saturday. 2002 Discovery Adventurer LE
1998 Freelander xedi

Post #37058 Sat Jun 03 2006 8:04pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Kaine,
Is the LR off road day still offered as i heard they had stopped doing it as a freebie? 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #37075 Sat Jun 03 2006 9:52pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

simonsti wrote:
Kaine,
Is the LR off road day still offered as i heard they had stopped doing it as a freebie?

I asked today and was told its by invitation - not sure what that means exactly, but based on the conversation I had today I am now expecting an invite once the car is ordered/delivered Cool

Kaine

Post #37076 Sat Jun 03 2006 10:04pm
Tim in Scotland

Was told by the dealer today that you have to "express interest" by going to the Land Rover website and requesting the brochures and a test drive to receive an invite to a half day offroad at an LRE. The local dealer to you then gets billed by LR, much to the annoyance of most LR dealers as they are now having to pay for people who have never crossed the dealership threshold and usually have no intention of buying a Land Rover! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #37077 Sat Jun 03 2006 10:17pm
Andy

United Kingdom 

Oh dear, Shukers are going to have to pay for my day Razz 2002 Discovery Adventurer LE
1998 Freelander xedi

Post #37078 Sat Jun 03 2006 10:21pm
MudAllOverIt

United Kingdom 

Thanks Tim, guess what I just did Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Bill

1997 300Tdi Defender 90 "Big Red" Off-Road Beast
1978 TR6-engined Triumph Spitfire "What the **** was that..."
ex V6 Freelander owner looking for another shiny LR

Post #37084 Sat Jun 03 2006 11:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1