RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Morrisons Land Rover - Stirling, Scotland
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Morrisons Land Rover - Stirling, Scotland

A family run dealership located just off the M9 at J9 - Bannockburn. They have the Land Rover franchise on the same site as Daihatsu, MGRover, Seat and Tata franchises - the LR sectiion is across a lane from the rest in a dedicated LR modern showroom. Parts, servicing and sales from the same building. They have main dealer status but don't carry a vast stock of new cars in a compound prefering to order bespoke cars direct from the factory. Very courteous staff in sales and service reception and also the guys out the back in the service and parts sections appear to have received customer courtesy lessons as they are always polite and pleasant. I have now bought 5 of the 6 land Rover products that I have owned in the last 10 years from them. I have never had any discount on a new car (usually I have bought a new model so didn't expect to get any) but I get 10-15% off any parts and accessories, invites to dealer offroading days, new model launches and when I bought my RR L322 they gave me the VIP service agreement for free (should have cost £1000) Virtually all the staff run Land Rovers of their own and they really know their stuff, and that includes the 2 girls that "man" the service reception and the telephones, who turn out with the demo cars at the dealer days and join in. I am not their most affluent or most regular client but I am always treated as somebody special by all the staff. I would recommend them to anybody in Central Scotland. All the other LR dealers in Perth,Glasgow and Edinburgh are part of bigger sales empires and just don't match up to the service that Morrisons give. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Wed Oct 31 2007 9:36pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #3359 Fri Oct 14 2005 6:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tedi

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Stornoway Grey

Would you still recommend these guys Tim? I see this was posted nearly 2 years ago. I bought mine in Stratstones Edinburgh, but I don't think I'll be bringing it back to them to get its first service. Might take a spin up to Stirling instead Very Happy

Post #134550 Mon Aug 27 2007 11:07pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Tim's away at the mo, Tedi... but he has always been quite pleased with them I think. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #134571 Tue Aug 28 2007 9:09am
tedi

Cheers shmoogle, might give them a buzz later on and try and get it booked in.

Post #134608 Tue Aug 28 2007 11:22am
chcc

If they're anything like the Supermarket chain then you might end up very ill Smile

Post #134620 Tue Aug 28 2007 12:17pm
tedi

Laughing

I'll stay away from thier cold meat sambo's then!!

Post #134627 Tue Aug 28 2007 12:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Tedi, I'm home again! As S said I've always been very happy with their servicing, if you want a courtesy car though it might be a wait to get a slot as like all dealers they have to buy them themselves and as a smaller dealer they don't carry RRS's on the courtesy fleet, you will either get a Freelander1, a Disco or a FIAT or SEAT as they are also dealers in those marques. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #141793 Tue Oct 16 2007 9:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kljw

Scotland 
morrisons

i have now bought 4 sports from these chaps, chris is the gent i deal with. there attitude is something that all dealerships should learn from, it just is the best. the business is family run, and it shows.
am just trying to sort out a deal for another tdv6 to replace my wifes and a tdv8 for me, and somehow, i know they will do something that suites us all.
would recomend these guys to anyone. i live just outside edinburgh, but travel to stirling to do business with them, thats how good they are.

Post #152021 Thu Jan 17 2008 1:03pm
jaca2865

Scotland 

My son just bought a RRS TDV8 from Morrisons Stirling, they were superb and in particular Jonathon who catered for the needs.
Highly recommended and will update as things move forward.
Jim Thumbs Up

Post #338554 Mon Apr 02 2012 10:44pm
steverrs

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

I"ve now made two visits to Morrisons, one for a service and one for warranty. Tim's comments are spot on the staff really couldn"t be any more helpful or courteous. I will certainly be using them in the future rather than the larger dealers who for the most part really don"t care about you or your car !

Post #338568 Tue Apr 03 2012 7:53am
jaca2865

Scotland 
Morrisons

Cant praise this lot enough.
Minor issue with RRS which necessitated a call seeking advice. Not only solid advice from Chris but back up more so when calling at garage later from Jonathon. Superb!!

Post #339069 Sat Apr 07 2012 7:59pm
braveheart20

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Morrisons landrover

Hello I called the service department on Thursday to ask for some impartial advise. Boy was I very disappointed with the response from this company. Maybe I caught the service department on a bad day however it was shocking.
I have a six months old range rover sport with 5500 miles on the clock, however I have noticed that there is an intermittent noise coming from the rear brake assembly. The service expert told me it was probably rust and would need cleaned at my cost. He also went on to explain it could be a number of things. Have to say not impressed with this kind of attitude.
Would I use this dealership. I think not.
Shame because after reading the posts on here I was going to use them for servicing.
Not any more.
Cheers
Mr B My 2012 RR SPORT in white
My 2010 SLK AMG in white
My 2012 Quadzilla rs8 In white
My 2012 Mini countryman in white

Post #363640 Mon Nov 19 2012 11:19am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

We had a customer come in last week, a F/L 2 with a dodgy fuel gauge. Car still under warranty, so phoned Morrisons. Have to wait 4 weeks to get the car booked in...

Purely out of interest, I made another call an hour later to price a service, and see when the work could be done. "We can do it tomorrow for you" was the response.

Suppose they don't like doing warranty work Whistle

Post #364556 Mon Nov 26 2012 6:44pm
tangerine terror

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lugano Teal

Braveheart/disco mike

I bought our rr sport from stratstone Perth , don't think I'd rush to go back for anything else, I had a suspension problem 4 weeks after I bought the car and their interest rating under warranty was zero

I've used stratstone in Cupar twice since and have to say they couldn't do enough for me, wullie the service manager is great

tt

Post #370585 Tue Jan 22 2013 9:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1