RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > How much more would you expect to pay for a TdV8 ?
So, how much more would you pay to have 2 extra cylinders in the engine bay ?
22%
 22%  [4]
33%
 33%  [6]
22%
 22%  [4]
22%
 22%  [4]
Total Votes: 18

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
How much more would you expect to pay for a TdV8 ?

With the TdV8 soon to arrive, the big question I have is "how much is it going to cost to trade up from a TDv6 ?". No doubt that will be a function of the list price premium over a new TDv6 and the impact the TdV8 model has on TDv6 residuals. So, taking these one at a time :

List price extra - my guess is that the TDv8 is going to be priced at the same level as the current 4.4 petrol, which is £50k or a £6k premium over the same spec TDv6. That is assuming LR don't throw in Dynamic, Brembo's, Adaptive Cruise and BiXenons as standard on the V8. If they did that, I guess the price would be heading up to the SC level at say mid 50's k.

Residual price impact of 1 year old TDv6 - my guess is that as long as the V8 is premium priced, and maybe new TDv6's get a price rise as well, then there wont be a huge impact on TDv6 residuals. However if (and I doubt it), the TDv8 is priced sub £50k and maybe even there is the start of discounting on the TDv6, then 1 year old model residuals are going to take a bit of pain. Certainly will be the case if a lot of current TDv6 model owners want to trade up all at the same time..... RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #30316 Sat May 06 2006 8:47am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Smarticus, as far as I know there isn't an immiment TDv6 replacement....... which can only be good for our residuals. I believe there will eventually be a 3.0l V6. I have to ask myself though - what about the D3? A TDv8 in that would probably take it out of the price range for most of the buyers.
From what I have read the problem for TDv6 is that it doesn't meet the 2007 EU emissions regs.
TB do you know anything about this? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #30318 Sat May 06 2006 9:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Land Rover are going to milk the RRS for all they can so maybe they will try to eliminate the 4.4 petrol engine or not make as many. If the new TDV6 is going up 2000 quid from September I would imagine that the TDV8 could be in the region of 50000-54000 with all toys included. Land Rover are very clever with their pricing so that one model doesn't overlap another model price. I will be sticking with my TDV6 for the time being but I have to say the TDV8 does sound attractive. RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #30321 Sat May 06 2006 9:23am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

I think this depends on whether they leave the S/C as a stand-alone model which I suspect they will.

Therefore, the TDV8 will sit as a premium diesel with the 4.4V8 sat below it (To try and make it seem attractively priced) and the TDV6 as the 'Enrty engine model'.

Therefore, you would end up with a model line up as:

TDV6 - 4.4V8 - TDV8 - S/C

Probably with all but S/C having SE or HSE models but TDV6 soldiering on with S.

Therefore, if you compare HSE models today, there is a premium of about 6k TDV6 to 4.4V8, and 10k(?) to S/C, I would expect the TDV8 to sit at around £54-£56k!

PHEW! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #30330 Sat May 06 2006 11:56am
Tim in Scotland

Hey SuperT if anybody from LR sees this post you are giving them ideas! 2/6 (for those viewing in colour that is 12.5p!) is all it's worth as a premium 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #30345 Sat May 06 2006 1:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Having paid just short of £60k last sept for a S/C - it would make no sense to chop it in for a TDV8. I have seen fully loaded TDV6's in the dealer showroom for £52k so a fully loaded TDV8 is naturally going to be more. I would lose money trading mine in - to get what ???? - that money lost I may as well keep myself and use it to fuel the S/C - so in effect I would have to shell out more money for less Twisted Evil

In fact I welcome the price rise - I'm not buying Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #30548 Mon May 08 2006 2:21pm
STU-DHSE

United Kingdom 
Re: How much more would you expect to pay for a TdV8 ?

Smarticus wrote:
With the TdV8 soon to arrive, the big question I have is "how much is it going to cost to trade up from a TDv6 ?". No doubt that will be a function of the list price premium over a new TDv6 and the impact the TdV8 model has on TDv6 residuals. So, taking these one at a time :

List price extra - my guess is that the TDv8 is going to be priced at the same level as the current 4.4 petrol, which is £50k or a £6k premium over the same spec TDv6. That is assuming LR don't throw in Dynamic, Brembo's, Adaptive Cruise and BiXenons as standard on the V8. If they did that, I guess the price would be heading up to the SC level at say mid 50's k.

Residual price impact of 1 year old TDv6 - my guess is that as long as the V8 is premium priced, and maybe new TDv6's get a price rise as well, then there wont be a huge impact on TDv6 residuals. However if (and I doubt it), the TDv8 is priced sub £50k and maybe even there is the start of discounting on the TDv6, then 1 year old model residuals are going to take a bit of pain. Certainly will be the case if a lot of current TDv6 model owners want to trade up all at the same time.....

The starting price is going to be near to £55k for the low end model.

Post #37021 Sat Jun 03 2006 3:07pm
Tim in Scotland

Re: How much more would you expect to pay for a TdV8 ?

STU-DHSE wrote:
The starting price is going to be near to £55k for the low end model.

That is for a FFRR SE though. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #37041 Sat Jun 03 2006 4:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1