RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Couple of electrical bugs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

M1VKE

Couple of electrical bugs

After having my car a few weeks, I've come across a few electrical bugs.

Heated Rear Screen - Only the very last 'line' heats up and de-mists, all the above have no impact.

Every now and then, on starting up cold, I get a few fault codes that appear for a second and then disappear, they range from;Transmission Fault, HDC Fault but disappear straight away.

Phone - have to resync each time, but I'm going to speak to Bodsy about this one...

Any ideas on the above guys?

Thanks,
MIke

Post #370018 Fri Jan 18 2013 7:47pm
57TDV8

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I occasionally get that on my FL2, well at least the HDC fault, which switches off after a few seconds, I believe it's when the temp is low & the oil is cold, happens below -3C...

Post #370142 Sat Jan 19 2013 5:51pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Quite a few forum members (including myself) recently found the heated rear screen to be not working at all and cured the fault by cleaning a corroded connection in the harness under the roof spoiler that was preventing any power getting to the screen. The thread is a few topics down from your post.
If you are really certain that just one of the elements in your rear screen is heating up then it suggests power is getting to your screen but all the other elements have breaks in them. You'll have to carefully inspect each element along its whole length (easier with a magnifying glass) to find the breaks. The breaks can be repaired with this kit that Halfords sell http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...yId_255229
It works; but you have to follow the instructions to the letter and build up a good thick layer of the repair gunge.
Damage to the elements usually occurs as a result of forcing the tailgate or glass shut on an overfull luggage space, or over-enthusiastic cleaning or scrabbling dog paws (another good reason not to have a smelly pooch IMHO).
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Oh and the 'HDC not available message' if that is what you are seeing is often thrown up by a battery which is low on volts so it might be worth giving it a full charge with a decent smart charger like a CTEK - everyone on the forum swears by them. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #370346 Mon Jan 21 2013 3:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1