RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Sports seat covers -LR own brand
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Sports seat covers -LR own brand

Picked up a set of front and rear seat covers today when I was passing by the dealers. They are only available in one colour (charcoaly navy colour) so will look odd against my Ivory and Aspen interior but at least I won't get watermarks on my seats next week out on Tiree. Price is wicked and if the RR is anything to go by fittting them will be tortuous as the RR covers were tailored to be a very tight fit (possibly because of the airbags in the seats they have to be that tight). They are claimed to be waterproof but it doesn't say Goretex on them anywhere unlike the RR set that I had. Will try to fit them tomorrow and report back on how easy/difficult the job is! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #3360 Fri Oct 14 2005 6:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
I bought some also

OK, I picked these up today and decided it best to try and fit them whilst the weather was fine and I could see what I was doing outside.

Sweet lord, they are one of the hardest things to fathom out...The instructions are not that good really, slightly vague pictures and no words. Anyway, as it was my first attempt I want to assume that it will be easier next time, but all in all it took me about 1.5 hours.

The hardest thing ironically was figuring out how to get the headrests off! It took me ages to find there's a hidden release button on one side (opposite to the main riser button) that needs to be pressed in quite hard whilst pressing the other button AND lifting the headrest too...you need 16 hands to do this part.

The finished result is as good as you'll get for seat covers I guess, they are always going to be the closest fitting set you'll buy and at least being black they blend nicely with the interior.

Now they're on I am tempted to leave them there for the winter, rather than taking them off and putting them back each weekend for when we go shooting. They are not as tight fitting as the Accessories Brochures shows them, I'll post a couple of pics in my gallery so you can see, Flash kept going off cos they are black so in the pics they look slightly grey, but they are not grey!

There are seperate covers for every headrest and armrest and the front seat have slits on one side for the airbags (a good reason not to buy cheap alternatives). They are also machine washable and come in a little zip up bag for storage.

After the usual 10% discount at the dealer they cost me £258 all in. Not everyone needs seat covers but it will be money well spent for me. Plus it's a small price compared to the cost of thr car, and I want to prevent damage etc to the seats when muddy gritty wellies and barbour clad wet people and dogs jump in... Shocked L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3683 Thu Oct 20 2005 4:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1