RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Guy Salmon Stratford - First Class
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BigCat8810

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Guy Salmon Stratford - First Class

Generally my experience of LR main agents has been mixed, some good & others pretty poor. However, my recent experience with Guy Salmon has been exceptional, they talk of the commitment to the customer and in my case following some issues with a used RRS I had purchased, they really did go the extra mile to help me out & to solve what appeared to be a rather tricky issue.

I have no connection to Guy Salmon or Sytner group but in my dealings with them they have been professional and the level or service I have received has been exceptional, as a result of which I would recommend them for anyone considering buying a new or used LR.

It is very reassuring when things don't go according to plan to have a dealer who maintains contact, tries to resolve issues and ultimately has put my interests as the consumer, ahead of any other considerations.

It is rare, in my experience, to find a company that actually does care about customer satisfaction but my experience suggests Guy Salmon certainly do, well done to them! --------------------------------------------------------
RRS TDV8 Black/Black (Gone)
RRS TDV8 Stornaway (Gone)
RR Vogue TDV8 (Gone)
RRS 4.4V8 (Gone)
Defender 110 300tdi (Stolen, much missed)
RR Vogue V8 P38 (Gone)
LR 90 TD (Gone)

Post #364546 Mon Nov 26 2012 4:53pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Good to hear of another dealer that 'bucks the trend' Cool ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #364551 Mon Nov 26 2012 5:05pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I recently booked my Sport in with this dealer for them to sort a starter motor issue. Was due to go in today having waited a couple of weeks for them to have a loan car available. Got a voicemail message last night saying that the starter motor hadn't arrived so could I ring to rebook.

Phoned this morning to rebook the work. If I want a loan car I'll need to wait a further 2 weeks! I suggested that they could let me use a demo vehicle or something from the forecourt for the day. Apparently they have no other vehicles at the dealership. None at all. Strange as their website suggests otherwise.

They have said that they'll organise for an Enterprise car to be available, at my expense, on Thursday next week so that I can get the starter sorted sooner rather than later. So a plus for them making the effort there.

I appreciate that they've made the effort to avoid me making a pointless trip to them today but it's still rather annoying. I hope they also remember to make time to look at the other issues I asked them to look at. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #365001 Fri Nov 30 2012 12:09pm
RRSTDV8

2 weeks later and Guy Salmon still haven't done any work to the vehicle. They keep claiming that they're waiting for a warranty engineer to look at the car, or that they're waiting for a part or, even, that the starter motor was perfect even though one needs to take several goes to get it to start. They admitted it had a fault after a week. The latest is that they're waiting for the garage that replaced the starter motor 6 months ago to give them some details.

So far, my experience of Guy Salmon Stratford says: avoid at all costs 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #367027 Tue Dec 18 2012 4:16pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Bad news RRSTDV8 Sad
Hope you get it sorted soon. Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #367032 Tue Dec 18 2012 4:24pm
BigCat8810

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Sorry to hear that RRSTDV8, that's not great service. Not sure what's going on at present but spare cars & even hire cars seem to be in very short supply, my local GS branch had nothing when my RRS had a break down and I had the last enterprise car in the area (so I was told).
Hope they get your issues resolved soon. --------------------------------------------------------
RRS TDV8 Black/Black (Gone)
RRS TDV8 Stornaway (Gone)
RR Vogue TDV8 (Gone)
RRS 4.4V8 (Gone)
Defender 110 300tdi (Stolen, much missed)
RR Vogue V8 P38 (Gone)
LR 90 TD (Gone)

Post #367044 Tue Dec 18 2012 5:43pm
RRSTDV8

The loan care situation is odd - and particularly annoying when one is on hold on the 'phone and the recorded message is telling you that they have an extensive fleet to ensure you're never off the road!

I'm hoping that my vehicle will be ready for me to pick up on Friday morning. They're replacing the starter motor, thermostat housing and driveshaft seal under warranty. Good news.

The warranty company have declined the lower front wishbone bushes as wear and tear. The dealer wants £866 to replace these: "that includes the wheel alignment, sir". I've decided to put that little job off for another day - I think I'll see if I can find an indie to do it. Certainly LR's wheel alignment pricing will have added significantly to that big figure and I know others do it for a lot less. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #367141 Wed Dec 19 2012 7:13pm
RRSTDV8

Finally got my vehicle back last night - just in time to drive home, get changed and then straight back out of the door to our office christmas party (which was, unusually, jolly good fun).

So that's two and a half weeks with them in which time they replaced a starter motor, thermostat housing and driveshaft seal. They gave the thing a good wash and hoover out too which is nice. They wanted £886 to change the front wishbone bushes (I assume that would new arms) but I think I can get those done elsewhere for somewhat less.

When I was chasing them to finish before christmas, the service desk chap said that they might striggle to get it done because the book time for a starter motor replacement is 2 hours but they haven't done one for ages so it might take twice that time! Hardly fills one with confidence.

Anyway, nice to have it back - it feels odd to drive after the Octavia which has much heavier controls and is a manual. But the half hour on the motorway reminded me how good Sports are at "long distance, high speed" cruising. And if this rain continues over Christmas I shall probably be remined of how well it wades too...! 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #367414 Sat Dec 22 2012 9:15am
mse

United Kingdom 

I'm on record here saying the same about guy salmon Stratford, followed by Coventry. Best dealer in the west midlands and I think I've used them all!

Stratford are good in all areas I've found - lets hope they keep it up.

i would happily use and recommend them

I find Coventry good for warranty/service and Stratford the best for sales/service Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #367418 Sat Dec 22 2012 9:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1