RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > No sound from AUX - driving me nuts...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Poldarn

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
No sound from AUX - driving me nuts...

Hi All,

I have done a search and came up blank so forgive me if this has been covered. . .

Car is a 2008 HST, all is well apart from the fact that I cannot connect my MP3 player (which is on my android phone) through to the main speakers.

I have done this in other cars by connecting from the headphone jack in the phone to the AUX in socket (then cranking the hell out of the volume on both!).

This method doesnt work on my RRS - has anyone had this problem? If so how did you solve it?

In the top glove box there is an Apple iPod male connection, has anyone used anything like this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SCZBIO/ref=as...B002SCZBIO

to connect none apple devices?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Post #365557 Wed Dec 05 2012 4:57pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi, we have all been scolded recently for not answering questions so here is an attempt to make amends Laughing . First off - I found that using an Apple device with a lead that plugs into the port on the bottom of iPhone/iPod (rather than the headphone jack) and has a 2.5 mm jack on the other end plugged into the Aux socket in the rear of the car gives a far far better sound than using a jack to jack lead. This is because the port is a proper lineout output. But that doesn't help you unless your Android 'phone has a linout facility and I understand most or all Androids don't. (WHY?) Confused
The lead that you found on Fleabay is expensive at 25 bucks - particularly if it doesn't work.
As you have an Apple male plug in the glovebox presumably someone has installed an aftermarket connector of some sort and I wonder if they unplugged the Aux output from the back of the radio in order to connect it.
The solution for you might be as simple as getting to the back of the radio, unplugging the aftermarket connector and plugging the original Aux connector back in to re-enable your rear Aux socket.
I recommend you have a look at a post by mrfrog on 'installing twin iPods'
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic28159....twin+ipods
which gives a lot of detail on dismantling the dash and re-wiring the Aux connection. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #366148 Mon Dec 10 2012 2:45pm
kav1187

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

This sounds daft, but you are pressing the AUX button on the head unit when your phone is plugged in, right?

And the settings in your phone are set up for headphone output?

If you've done both then it is most probably the case that someone has unplugged it to wire in the Apple plug.

Post #366156 Mon Dec 10 2012 3:14pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

If you have Ipod connectivity already then why not buy a cheap and cheerful used Ipod from Ebay and leave it in the car. Thats what I did, fair number of old ipods around as the users have been sucked into the Apple upgrade gravy train. 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #366277 Tue Dec 11 2012 4:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1