RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Vehicle Lean When Cornering + Sqeeking Noise - ARC Bushes??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ryanrange

Vehicle Lean When Cornering + Sqeeking Noise - ARC Bushes??

I have a RR Sport 2011, about 3 mths ago I changed the wheels from 20" five spokes to an identical set except they were smoked chrome and original land rover..

When I drove from the tyre shop i heard a sqeek noise as if from the brakes and then it went away so i thought nothing of it.

About 1 month later after the car was parked up for a few days while i went on holiday, I got back into it the noise was back but even harsher, mainly when i stopped at a junction and took off again.

A light also came on the dash (Vehicle Lean When Cornering)

So i took it to dealer, they managed to fix it and advised me that it was ARC Bushes?? needed replacing and a fuel line (which I think they accidentally cut) when repairing.

The service lady was quite vague with me about the repairs to be honest (she probably didn't have a clue) and as the work was done under warranty she didn't give me the full repair report on paper instead gave me a one pager which itemised the part costs.

The noise is now back on the car and the (Vehicle Lean When Cornering) light is back on. The car is due to go back..

Is this serious, should I be worried???

The noise sounds like the brake discs are rubbing or something.. I'm not too good with cars and mechanics and would love some advice on this.

Also my spot lights on the bottom of the front bumper have stopped working….

Thanks all!

Post #364287 Sat Nov 24 2012 4:18am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

ARB bushes should not make the car lean or cause noises other than a knock when hitting potholes/bumps or cornering. if its fitted with dynamic anti-roll bar (check you have a container for the fluid on the left side of the radiator - looking at the car) it can cause a vibration when you change direction; say at a roundabout.

You may have a faulty height sensor at the 'low' corner.

In anycase if you've not had the car long take it back to the seller and get if fixed (f.o.c or warranty) as they obviously weren't sucessful first time.

Post #364301 Sat Nov 24 2012 11:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1