RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Melbourne Land Rover (MLR) and Land Rover Australia
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

2nd rower - do not let the b Censored s grind you down and the words Pi** up and Brewery spring to mind Thumbs Up

Post #275296 Fri Sep 03 2010 2:24pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

BAsically they're trying to ban you from every dealership in Australia so they can void your warranty when you can't get it serviced at a dealers!!!! Shocked What a joke. Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #275308 Fri Sep 03 2010 5:20pm
redrover

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi 2nd Rower,
I have always been incredibly wary about dealer service and prefer to service myself where possible. I recently did my own pads and front disks at a huge reduction in cost plus I know the job was done properly. So far I have been happy with Alto except for the price, but unfortunately they are pretty competitive in this department.
At 75000km I only just had my air filter replaced and judging by the increase in performance and fuel economy it would seem 75000km is too too long. I am going to keep an eye on myself in future. My orange engine light has come on a few times recently and I will ask Alto to download the fault codes and possibly repair myself it is something like EGR valves.
Poor service isn't exclusive to Landrover, I remember my father having nightmare servicing from Ford in the distant past with his company cars. We were forever fixing the thing up after a service!
I am lucky Alto are quite good and will be using them for the dealer stamp, but will take care of some of the other issues myself. If this wasn't the case I would be looking for a good independent now the car is out of warranty.
cheers,
Redrover TDV6, MYO7 Java with Ivory leather, 19 inch wheels

Post #276246 Sat Sep 18 2010 12:40pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Hi All,

Been a while since I have been on the site...

A colleague has asked me for my opinion on RRSs and Melbourne dealers as he has come to understand I owned one.

He is looking at a My12 runout; and before I potentially point him in the direction of thsi site and this thread I wanted to check as to whether in the last 18 months the RRS had become more reliable around its common issues; and also whether the local official dealer netwok in Melbourne was any better positioned information and training wise to support and fix the car?

Ta
2R

Post #359812 Mon Oct 15 2012 9:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123