RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Northampton Hartwell LR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jdevally

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Orkney Grey
Northampton Hartwell LR

My previous RRS required servicing so I took it to my local LR dealer, Hartwell of Northampton. I parked up and took the keys to reception whereon the service guy came back out with me and filled in a form noting any marks on my vehicle; "very sensible" I thought, agreed with the notes he made and signed the form as confirmation of my agreement. He then said "We'll call when your vehicle is ready for collection....." I asked where my copy of the damage form was and was informed this form was for internal use. I said that this was pointless as they could damage my car and then simply add the damage to the signed form as I did not have a copy to dispute this! He just rolled his eyes and walked off.

My next visit was with my 2010 Autobiography which had developed a squeaking noise from the back wheels; a very nice engineer came out, listened to the noise and said it was just something in the rear brakes and could be easily fixed with a removal of the wheels and a quick clean. I went back in and spoke to the same service guy as last time and he said there would be a charge for the work as LR would only consider rectifying this on a vehicle less than a year old under warranty. I enquired how much this would cost and was informed that it would be £180. Maybe I'm just tight but that seemed awfully excessive for a job my brother-in-law (who is a Mercedes mechanic) says he will do in about an hour.
Mind you, maybe they were getting a barrister in to do the work after my previous visit!

This is my third RRS and I have always had work carried out at Hartwell in Northampton, from now on I will be travelling to Milton Keynes as they seem far more friendly. MY10 Autobiography
TDV8
Sunroof, TV, 22" Kahn Alloys etc

Post #353550 Mon Aug 13 2012 6:45am
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Yes.......I have heard horror stories about Hartwell Northampton.

I went there when I was obtaining quotes for my RRS and was told that the list price was set in stone and that there was no room for negotiation on price.

I now flit between Marshalls in Bedford and Stratstones in Milton Keynes. I have bought a vehicle from each over the last 12 months and would happily use both again in the future.

Jim

Post #353655 Mon Aug 13 2012 9:32pm
V88ABA

2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I avoid them at all costs if I can help it

Post #356177 Mon Sep 10 2012 10:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1