RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Wheels and tyres... Or refurb and tyres??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Danny Byrne

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver
Wheels and tyres... Or refurb and tyres??

Morning all... Bit of advice or steer required?

Got 20" V-spokes on with pirelli's, wife has lightly rubbed 2 of them and I'll be needing 4 tyres in 6months or so? So I'm faced with the option, buy a set of wheels and tyres and punt mines to recoup some of the cost??? Or full refurb on all 4 wheels in a anthracite at the same time as some new tyres??

If anyone has anything for sale I might be interested in give me a shout? Also advice on which tyres you's run? The closest I get to off road is dobbie's and spend more time cleaning the car than driving it really?

A picture of some V-spokes in darker colours would help too??

Cheers

Post #355251 Sat Sep 01 2012 7:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Scottydog

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

As you know I was in the same boat. I got in touch with Jordan at Overfinch and he got me a delivery miles set of HSE wheels with Pirelli Scorpion rubber. They arrived yesterday, so going to get them on today.

Can't fault the service from Overfinch Thumbs Up

Post #355252 Sat Sep 01 2012 7:54am
Danny Byrne

I might have to give them a shout, is that the 15 spoke wheels aye?? There's a few of them going about online, Don't want to buy from some nobody on eBay though!
Was it stormers you had on originally? 20"s?? What's your plans with them? You doing changeover yourself?? I was thinking about treating my calipers to a clean and paint at the same time as new wheels, rude not to as I shelled out for new brakes all round last month!

Post #355253 Sat Sep 01 2012 8:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I am in the same situation - kerbed 20" wheels with tyres that need changing soon. I found the cost of almost new wheels and tyres less than refurbing 4 wheels and getting decent new tyres. Newer style HSE wheels is another advantage. In the end I went for 19" with winter tyres as I might be heading towards the Alps later in the year. These will come on the car in a couple of months and stay on until Spring. At that point I plan to get a delivery miles 20" set from Jordan if available Thumbs Up

Post #355254 Sat Sep 01 2012 8:33am
Danny Byrne

Hmm, seems like Jordan might be the answer? Last set I went to view were advertised as mint... Kerbed worse than mines on 2 wheels! Grabber tyres as well, bit extreme for my needs?
I do like the super sports and some of the other genuine aftermarket wheels too... But the wife hates them?? Think it comes from her getting grief driving my subaru's back in the day?? Hmm??? Question Question

Post #355257 Sat Sep 01 2012 9:19am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I have some here http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post353337.html#353337 Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #355275 Sat Sep 01 2012 12:15pm
Danny Byrne

PM'd muddy.

Post #355403 Sun Sep 02 2012 9:16pm
nobbyk

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Scottydog wrote:
As you know I was in the same boat. I got in touch with Jordan at Overfinch and he got me a delivery miles set of HSE wheels with Pirelli Scorpion rubber. They arrived yesterday, so going to get them on today.

+1 Thumbs Up Did the same through Jordan, they even fitted the wheels for me and helped sell my old wheels. forst class service through Jordan Very Happy RRS 2010
3.0 TDV6
HSE
Auto
Santorini
Ivory Leather

Post #355413 Mon Sep 03 2012 8:20am
Overfinch

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

nobbyk wrote:
Scottydog wrote:

+1 Thumbs Up Did the same through Jordan, they even fitted the wheels for me and helped sell my old wheels. forst class service through Jordan Very Happy

Thanks Keith, pleasure dealing with you.

If people could leave any feedback for Overfinch in the 'Dealership Feedback' thread that'd be much appreciated:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic27371.html

Thanks

Jordan

Post #355421 Mon Sep 03 2012 9:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1