Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Hurricane Katrina
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Biggles

England 
Hurricane Katrina

Just a note to all our state side members who are in the area
I hope all are well and best wishes at this time. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2031 Tue Aug 30 2005 9:49am
hokoyo

Australia 

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all

Post #2119 Sat Sep 03 2005 12:42pm
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

I agree with the words of support....but shame on George Bush for his failure to help those people....when I watched the news I thought I was looking at a war scene from the Balkans or Afghanistan.

Isnt ironic that Bush could get 150,000 troops into Iraq, set up a mobile McDonalds, Cinema and Bowling alley for his troops, yet fail to help his people back home.....would it have taken 5 days to help people in Washington???

Food for thought!

Post #2122 Sat Sep 03 2005 7:34pm
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I know you don't live in the U.S so you don't know much about our systems. But this wasn't bush's fault. Bush did everything he could do to help out the people, he signed everything that needed to be signed and sent troops out their from the begining. We have different organizations that take over in situations like this and it was just to hard to get the supplies and troops into new orleans fast enough.

I agree with you that it was pathetic on how long it took to get troops and supplys into new orleans but it had nothing to do with Bush. Don't get me wrong I am no avid bush supporter but I am not going to blame him on something he didn't do wrong.

Post #2123 Sat Sep 03 2005 8:23pm
LRtuning

I'm afraid he's the man in charge....so who do u suggest we blame....the mayor, the governor (she wanted to shoot everyone!!).....I can honestly say I was appauled by the sights I saw on Television and to see people dead in wheelchairs in such an 'advanced' country as yours is downright shameful....the storm was over in 24 hours...where were the helicopters with food and water supplies then?

Post #2124 Sat Sep 03 2005 8:44pm
hokoyo

Australia 

If the same thing happened here in Australia i am sure it would not have taken so long to get help. Could they not have parachuted in supplies and law enforcement from a C130 to the superdome?

Again i know how easy it is for us to critisise.

On a positive note we are giving $10m in aid to the American Red Cross and many other countries are doing the same (even the French!).

Lets hope they can get help to those that need it.

Post #2125 Sun Sep 04 2005 12:31am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

djsaad1 wrote:
I know you don't live in the U.S so you don't know much about our systems. But this wasn't bush's fault. Bush did everything he could do to help out the people, he signed everything that needed to be signed and sent troops out their from the begining. We have different organizations that take over in situations like this and it was just to hard to get the supplies and troops into new orleans fast enough.

I agree with you that it was pathetic on how long it took to get troops and supplys into new orleans but it had nothing to do with Bush. Don't get me wrong I am no avid bush supporter but I am not going to blame him on something he didn't do wrong.

Yes, being on the other side of the world, we don't know much about the US systems. Or so it would seem.

I'm reading the newspapers. Jesse Jackson concurs with what turbochip says above. Rapper Kayne West says George Bush dosen't care for black people. Of course, one report from New York says this whole hurricane business is the work of God ... . Rolling Eyes The US system!

Yes, we don't live in the US.

But the Americans, especially George Bush, know what is going on in the rest of the world. They have the remedy for the whole world's ailments!
Yet most of the Congressmen and Senators have not been out of America!!
Wink Wink

Don't get me wrong - this is NOT America-bashing!! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #2133 Mon Sep 05 2005 1:01am
Bobby

Rumour has it that George Bush is blaming Venezuela for the hurricane! Laughing

The betting fraternity is very busy predicting the invasion date ..... Evil or Very Mad Malaysia Boleh!

Post #2134 Mon Sep 05 2005 9:56am
rhodyrover

United States 

Turbochip......In our advanced nation here in the States everyone has the right to express their opinion which I will extend to you. However your lack of knowledge (ignorance) I cannot ignore. If you get your news from the liberial media outlets then you are seeing just one side of the reporting. I don't know how you can compare Iraq to any mobilization here (Iraq had many months of planning). But you must have a "chip" on your shoulder about that conflict.

The individual states have the initial task of planning for these types of natural disasters. The fededal government gets involved when the states ask for help (disaster aid, money, resources). There are many school buses in New Orleans still sitting in water that was never used during the mandatory evacuatuation of this city. The feds. surely are not to blame.

This disaster is beyond everything the U.S. could have imagined. My prayers and thoughts are with those in the affected area. I will resist making critism of what happened and give my support to helping make it better. 2006 RRS HSE, Chawton White, Alpaca with Cherry Wood Trim (Luxury Interior Pkg)

Previously: 1998 Range Rover 4.0 SE

Post #2135 Mon Sep 05 2005 4:05pm
Biggles

England 

rhodyrover wrote:

This disaster is beyond everything the U.S. could have imagined. My prayers and thoughts are with those in the affected area. I will resist making critism of what happened and give my support to helping make it better.

Well said rhodyrover, I have many friends in the states and we have not heard from tlw on the forum who hails from south la.
Hope all are well. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2136 Mon Sep 05 2005 5:27pm
LRtuning

Rhody

I have no chip about Iraq......you know nothing of my background or the work I have done for your country in that so called 'conflict'....the point I was trying to make was that the flood waters were as deep yesterday as they were 7 days ago and winds stopped after 12 hours, yet through a combination of procrastination and lack of strong leadership the US has failed the people of the Gulf Coast. (And yes it's my ignorant, ill informed, uneducated opinion but hey it's a free world...isnt it???)

Post #2138 Tue Sep 06 2005 5:53am
Bobby

rhodyrover wrote:

This disaster is beyond everything the U.S. could have imagined. My prayers and thoughts are with those in the affected area. I will resist making critism of what happened and give my support to helping make it better.

Yes, our sympathies to all the afected people. We may disagree politically, but a human disaster is a disaster, period!

However, I disagree that "this disaster is beyond everything the U.S. ......".
You don't have to imagine! Where were you when the Americans bombed Afganistan? Were you not watching CNN with a Coke in your hand when the glorious Americans were bombing Iraq? Did you not see the anguish on the people's faces? Did you not see the innocent citizens of these countries suffering? Wedding parties being bombed? These were not disasters witnessed by millions of Americans? Remember 'Shock and Awe'?

I could go on and on my friend.

The fact is when something bad happens to your people its a tragedy. If you do it to others its 'collateral damage'!!!
But don't pretend the US is surprised with disasters - you're doing it everyday, only to others!!!

Nevertheless, on a personal level, I would not wish such disasters on anybody. Malaysia Boleh!

Post #2142 Tue Sep 06 2005 10:56pm
rhodyrover

United States 

Another Country (City) heard from...... 2006 RRS HSE, Chawton White, Alpaca with Cherry Wood Trim (Luxury Interior Pkg)

Previously: 1998 Range Rover 4.0 SE

Post #2177 Thu Sep 08 2005 3:43am
paredes_fontanals

United States 
Katrina, the reason to purchase the RRS

After Katrina I changed my mind on purchasing either the Boxster S or the Cayman S. An SUV is definetly a most in Miami. Diego Paredes Fontanals
----------------------------
Audi A4 soon a RRS S/C
MV Agusta Brutale F4

Post #3551 Tue Oct 18 2005 8:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1