RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Stratstone Solihull
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kam100

United Kingdom 
Stratstone Solihull

This is where i purchased my RR Sport TDV6 From - ex demo (cancelled order) was made available for me two weeks after my initial test drive.

Had to still pay list unfortunately, but i managed to beat about 4 guys in getting my holding deposit down. My sales guy was Stuart Holden, Would reccomend him to all, he is a nice guy and made the sale for me very comfortable and i could chat to him like a mate when it came to the handover. He was completely honest and ran round for me when it came to discussing finance options etc. Emma the Business Manager was also the best person i have come across working in Finance for a very long time, she was up for the challenge i provided, by throwing hundreds of quotes at her, she ran around getting me the best deals she could, and in the end beat everyone hands down.. would definitely go back there, and would reccomend to all for purchasing their RR Sports.

Even though i had to pay list, i got the RR Sport with 4k miles on it, and had some extras added on which was nice:
Bluetooth Phone Kit.
Privacy Glass added on, after i demanded it for free.
LR Mat Set.
12 Month Tax.
Full Tank Diesel.
Removed the wood trim which i didn't particularly like, and replaced with the mettallic finish
Tracker Horizon transferred over to my name.
Even sorted out my cherished plate transfer after i had taken delivery, and got their drivers to go the the DVLA office and do all the paperwork on my behalf.

Still haven't received my LR 4x4'ing voucher day thingy or welcome stuff.
Got the finance stuff through though..

Service has been a mix of experiences so far. There were a couple of items which risked delaying the car and out of my own choice, i said i would rather they rebook the car in after i had taken delivery so that i could have the car now.. like the ashtray lid stuck down etc, small stupid things..
The car looked dirtier then when i had taken it in, and everything had been moved, all the seats, mirrors etc, looked like it had been taken for a joy ride. Was assured it wasn't but yeah whatever..
Dash had not been put back correctly, so after a bit of shouting, and 'expressing' my dissapointment, i think we now understand one another. Took it back and all problems recitifed, and car is working as should be all over.

So far so good.
Although my cars air con system was smelling of a real fishy smell this morning.. hope that aint something needing to be taken back to LR for, can't be bothered more then anything..

Post #3334 Fri Oct 14 2005 11:38am
IamNotMarkWalker

England 

LOL, fishy!!!!.
that's a cracker Stratstones, absolute mint.
10/10
funny as!

Post #3380 Sat Oct 15 2005 9:56am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Sales = Good (more like 7/10)
Service = On the side of more Crap then good really (more like 4/10 so far)

Fish Smell has gone, and even drove the car tame today and managed 23mpg..

Post #3389 Sat Oct 15 2005 6:12pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

After reading a few of the posts on here, i remembered i forgot to tell you what happened when first enquiring about the RRS.

Rang up to make a booking, took two days to get through to someone in sales, (left messages with central switchboard..which appears to be useless) then after a few attempts was finnally put through to someone, had a chat about the car and asked if they had demo diesel, he confirmed and i proceeded to book a time/day later that week..
went into the dealership and the guy i had booked the appointment with, was nowhere to be seen, luckily i went in with a mate so we kept ourselves amused while we waited for someone/anyone to come along... Finnally the guy who i had booked the time with appeared, and said, oh i haven't got the time to do the test but here is my collegue who has.. being quite young and with a mate, i guess we looked like a pair of joyriders, but i was in my best suit (having meeting with the bank manager later that day) so i was taken semi seriously..

Went out in the car, and im glad i ended up with the sales guy that we did.. he was well clued up and answered every question and quarm i had about the car.. he even let us swap over and let my mate have a good go in it as well. He demo'd the phone, sat nav, air suspension the lot.. motorway driving, country lane driving, local driving.. so nice little drive.
Immediately was interested in the car, and even though they were moving showrooms he tried to his best ability to get me part ex figures for the two cars i was wishing to trade in.. as usual these were crap prices so i ended up selling private, the sale took a while and i ended up having the demo that i had driven on the day purely as i didn't want to wait till jan for my own. Glad i had to wait a few weeks though as it meant we had the time to get everything sorted and i could squeeze the best deal possible out of them.. also out of my part ex's.. all in all an okish buying experience, but the initial wall to head banging was unpleasant, and i felt a little messed about and not appreciated as a customer about to spend £45k on one of their cars.. guess thats what its like though when they are selling their new model like hotcakes and don't really need to actually try and sell it to anyone..

Post #3509 Mon Oct 17 2005 11:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1