RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Goodwood Festival of Speed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thats correct Thumbs Up I think there is another way but not sure how, maybe one of the other members could help you out.

Post #349449 Mon Jul 02 2012 11:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beancounter_74

England 

You can also upload to something like photobucket, then link the photo's from there, placing [img] and [/img] tags around the picture address Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #349452 Mon Jul 02 2012 12:02pm
nobbyk

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I've given up and lost the will to live. Uploaded a file into the album, saw it there and when i tried to find it to post it the message is, folder empty Sad RRS 2010
3.0 TDV6
HSE
Auto
Santorini
Ivory Leather

Post #349454 Mon Jul 02 2012 12:13pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

It sounds like your pictures are to big to upload to the site Big Cry use this http://www.picresize.com/ to resize your pics then try uploading them again if you havn't topped yourself by now Thumbs Up

Post #349456 Mon Jul 02 2012 12:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nobbyk

Size is not the issue, I ruduce all my pictures for Forum and Web use to'web small' in Microsoft Office Picture Manager and have never had a problem. what i don't understand is that it wa there one minute as I saw it and gone the next!

It's soooooooo long winded though, maybe the owner of the site can upgrade the software package to make it easier Confused RRS 2010
3.0 TDV6
HSE
Auto
Santorini
Ivory Leather

Post #349458 Mon Jul 02 2012 12:31pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

nobbyk wrote:
Size is not the issue

Can you tell my mrs that please!! Laughing

Post #349459 Mon Jul 02 2012 12:33pm
nobbyk

I wondered how long it would take Rolling Eyes Very Happy RRS 2010
3.0 TDV6
HSE
Auto
Santorini
Ivory Leather

Post #349461 Mon Jul 02 2012 12:34pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I saw the same vehicles and took a shot of each:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I do like the purple on the Evoque. It looked stunning in the flesh! Thumbs Up

I do not like the Bespoke "thing" at all... Censored Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #349472 Mon Jul 02 2012 2:07pm
nobbyk

I agree, the Evoque was stunning in the flesh. the 'Bespok' guys were annoying everyone, including Overfinch, by starting and revving their cars occasionally, much to the dislike of most of the visitors!

Did you see the Yellow Bentley while you were there? RRS 2010
3.0 TDV6
HSE
Auto
Santorini
Ivory Leather

Post #349484 Mon Jul 02 2012 3:12pm
Overfinch

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Sorry I didn't get chance to see you, I didn't arrive till late on Friday and worked on the stand the majority of Sunday!

I think the short bloke with the hairy legs must've been Glynn Rolling with laughter you spoke to , he mentioned somebody from this forum had been asking about me.

One of my good friends is a director at Bowler so I got to go round their track in the EXR (based on the RRS chassis) which was a lot of fun! Still struggling to get my head round the £155k price tag though!

Thanks for your feedback on our stand / Evoque, I don't think you can really compare us to the Bespoke guys as their offering is targeted at a completely different end of the market Whistle .

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it, no doubt we'll be back next year with a bigger and better showing!

Post #349486 Mon Jul 02 2012 3:15pm
nobbyk

I would certainly never compare you to them, awful lot.

Did you see the Bentley Jordan? RRS 2010
3.0 TDV6
HSE
Auto
Santorini
Ivory Leather

Post #349489 Mon Jul 02 2012 3:17pm
Overfinch

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

nobbyk wrote:
I agree, the Evoque was stunning in the flesh. the 'Bespok' guys were annoying everyone, including Overfinch, by starting and revving their cars occasionally, much to the dislike of most of the visitors!

Did you see the Yellow Bentley while you were there?

Haha yeah our GTS-X made their Sport sound like a pussy cat!

I've always said If I won the lottery I'd have a Bentley Continental GT and an Overfinch Vogue GT so I spent quite a bit of time on that stand checking out their SUV prototype and the Yellow Car, they certainly know how to build a car!

What did you think to their SUV?

Post #349490 Mon Jul 02 2012 3:20pm
nobbyk

Didn't see it, not sure if it was there on Friday. But even if it was, I wouldn't have had time to look at it, I was too busy with the Yellow beast, probably the best looking car I've ever seen!!! They turned down two offers on Friday morning to buy it!!! £190,000 Very Happy

Wish I could post my pictures of it Sad RRS 2010
3.0 TDV6
HSE
Auto
Santorini
Ivory Leather

Post #349491 Mon Jul 02 2012 3:22pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I didn't see the Bentley. In fact, the only stands I went on were Overfinch and Land Rover. I popped in to the Bloodhound SSC display too. Very cool and I wish them well! Thumbs Up

Whilst on the LR stand chatting to one of the guys (who works on the line normally - something I liked because talking to a "bloke" rather than a "droid/bunny" was rather refreshing) I was told about the LR drivers' hospitality area. It was by the LR Experience and was available to anyone with a LR key on them. Nice to have a free coffee/bun and sit down whilst watching the Red Arrows doing their thing. Thumbs Up

Rather enjoyed sitting in relative comfort watching the great unwashed queuing for their 5 minutes in a D4 going over a couple of ramps Rolling with laughter

I did spend a pleasant 15 minutes watching the cars with Jason Barlow (Top Gear etc.) - he saw I'd found a nice quiet spot with a good view through the trees and asked if he could join me. I didn't let on that I knew who he was even when he told me about having driven stuff up the hill and having spent time around F1. I did reply that I'd spent time around the F1 paddock thanks to a friend who used to be an F1 race engineer - good to have a bit of tit-for-tat I reckon Whistle Seemed like a nice enough chap, I have to say.

Other moments that made me smile were:
1. Seeing John Surtees on a bike in the rain - I wonder how many more times he'll do these sorts of events...
2. Andy Wallace trying manfully to get out of the way of people photographing XJRs without realising that they wanted him in the shots! I've got a couple of him running through the shot - made me laugh
3. John Clelland having a quiet look around an E-type racer whilst trying to look in-cognito. Gave me a slightly sheepish smile before wandering off
4. The various Jag XJRs lining up next me whilst I was trying to talk to a Jaguar Heritage chap about the prototype D-type (at the same time as 3. above). A nice moment with 40 years of history within a few feet of each other and being used rather than in a glass box somewhere.
5. Alain Prost being mobbed whilst Rene Arnoux stood a few feet away laughing at him. Got a couple of nice informal-ish shots of them together once Prost retreated behind the barrier tape. It was amazing to watch Prost ignore the mass of people and cameras around him. People were putting their cameras within a foot or two of his face but he just acted as if there was nothing going on. I guess he's used to it.
6. Watching a paralised biker take his bike up the hill. Apparently he has no control from the mid-rift down so everything is controlled by his hands. When he gets to the top of the hill they have to catch him as he stops or he just falls over. Quite nice to see him giving it the beans in the wet - not sure I'd have the balls to!

A good day out although it gets busier every year and the corporate side has definitely taken over. The corporate hsopitality gets in the way of views of the track and the manufacturers' stands are now huge - as big, if not bigger, than anything that used to be put on for the Motor Show. There used to be a feeling of "those in the know" at the FoS - now it's just a bloody great scrum of people who, mostly, don't seem that interested in the track cars and are more interested in looking at the latest offerings from the manufacturers. It's not the nice, friendly event it was 10 years ago, that's for sure. Sad 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #349522 Mon Jul 02 2012 6:33pm
nobbyk

I get where you're coming from about the majority of the people, it was my second year in the last three years and I've already decided to do it over two days next year so I can see all the show and see the cars/bikes doing the hill Smile RRS 2010
3.0 TDV6
HSE
Auto
Santorini
Ivory Leather

Post #349546 Mon Jul 02 2012 8:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12