RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > James French 4x4 Centre, Standlake, Oxfordshire
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost
James French 4x4 Centre, Standlake, Oxfordshire

I'm a new guy to this forum and Range Rover Sport. Am loving mine.

I work abroad and it spent it's first two weeks at a Land Rover dealer being serviced and checked over. There's a few things still on order so my feedback isn't complete on them yet. Wait out on that which will follow....

BUT.....

I knew of James French from local advertising and whilst away I decided to go for a remap as if they provided it I assumed it would be worth doing.

I went this afternoon. I was hugely impressed. Service as you hoped still existed, knowledgeable and great customer empathy. Wireless and decent coffee whilst you wait and a trickle of customers passing through who just ooozed satisfaction at the service.

First thing they did was run a check on the vehicle (which as I'd literally just picked it up from two weeks at a main dealer) I expected to be clean.

Whoops! One dead EGR and the other not that good. How'd the main dealer miss that then?.....

A decent discussion with the service manager about EGR's and then back into the workshop to have them taken out and blanked off before the remap.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

The car is MUCH more responsive low down, really, really good. The difference well worth the £540 in my world, oh and they threw in the EGR removal and blanking for free.

So 10/10 for James French in Standlake.

I know who is looking after my RRS from now on.....

And just in case you're wondering I have nothing to do with them and no interest in them but I shall return to them without doubt.

Hope this is of use....

Post #321178 Mon Nov 14 2011 9:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pjb

On monday last week I had the misfortune to hit the curbs in my RRS when avoiding a lorry that was determined to drive me off the road.

I hit it so hard that the steerting went from being straight on straight ahead to being nearly 40 degrees off centre.

I prepared for the worst !!

Took car in on tuesday morning without an appointment, they put on a spare set of wheels & tyres as I had fxxked 2 of mine & then put it on 4 wheel alignment to get as near as possible as I needed the car to go to appointment in london.

They did all this whilst I waited & booked the car in on Friday to be sorted.

In on Friday a couple of parts replaced, the wheels refurbed & car back as good as new today

First class service

Paul Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Post #348491 Mon Jun 25 2012 3:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1