RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > My Land Rover Dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
My Land Rover Dealer

When I went in to order the car, the first thing that the salesmen said to me was that they are a laid back dealer. I don't really like laid back, in a buisness like this I beleive laid back translates to lazy.

So I tell him I am very interested in the sport and proceed to ask him a few questions about the car. He knew the answer to maybe one of the questions, if even that.These were not complicated questions, just stuff like what comes with the supercharged over the hse or what do certain buttons in the car do. I started researching the sport the day before I walked into my dealer and I felt like I knew more then he did.

He took me out for a test drive in an HSE because that is all they had. The whole time I was telling him I was interested in the supercharged not the HSE but he was still trying to push me to buy an HSE. He was trying to tell me that the difference in money doesn't make much sense, I am not sure if he was really trying to save me money or if he could just get an HSE sooner then the supercharged.

After the drive was over, I told him I wanted to order the car. Usually a salesmen gets pretty happy when someone tells them they want to order a car within the first 30 min they walk into a dealer. This salesmen though acted as if everyone buys a 75k car right away.

We go sit at his desk and we start filling out the paperwork, I told him I want it fully loaded so to just mark off all the options on the sheet. I also asked him if I could get the wheels that are on the orange car, he says I will write it down on the order sheet but I am not sure they will put them on. At the time I really didn't care, they were just wheels. Even though now I know that the wheels are a dealer option and that I would have to purchase them from him, not sure why he didn't know that.

I give him a deposit and he says everything is done. I ask him if he can give me a total price for the car. He says he won't be able to do that until the car comes in. He then tells me that the car might not come in with all the options I ordered so he won't know the total price until it comes in. At that point I am compleatly confused, I am going to be waiting 4 months or so and I might not get the exact car I want? I was astonished, what is the point of me placing an order if the car won't come in the way I order it. So I ask him what happens if it doesn't come in the way I want, he says we have to go through this proccess again.

Its now been a month and he is yet to call once on any updates, and he won't return my calls or emails. I really just want to know if he can get the car in with the exact options I asked for. I am thinking of just going in there and cancelling my order, but I can't find the car anywhere in stock with the options I want. So I would have to start the ordering proccess over again somewhere else. Not sure if I really want to do that.

I have talked to others and they have had no problems with this dealer, it might just be a dumb salesman. Hopefully everything will be fine when the car arrives.

Edit - Dealer is Land Rover of Austin

Austin, Texas

Last edited by djsaad1 on Wed Sep 14 2005 8:16pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #2252 Mon Sep 12 2005 8:05pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I think firstly you should NAME the dealer so others nearby can be aware of their attitude. Afterall, that's what this section of the forum is all about, so we can talk about the dealers.

I am in your shoes over here in so much as I am buying a Supercharged and I want the dealer to make me feel special, because in my mind, spending that amount of money deserves some Class A Customer Service and attention.

My advice would be to ring around dealers and see if you can get a car with a close spec, and if you have to forego an option or two but can get better service and feel better about it...so be it. Don't forget, there's not too many options you CAN have on a S/C, well not in the UK anyway.

Over here the only things you can spec at build are:

Glass Sunroof
    Rear DVD Entertainment
    Tow bar
    Privacy glass
    Rear Locking Diff

Good luck, keep us posted. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2286 Tue Sep 13 2005 5:02pm
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

So its been two months now, and my dealer still knows nothing about the car. Should I be worried?

Post #3482 Mon Oct 17 2005 4:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1