RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Change out of the door trims and hockey stick?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Compuway

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Change out of the door trims and hockey stick?

I have brought the Cherry wood trim from a fellow forum member in the US and have asked my dealer if they would be able to fit it before I pick my car up. The dealer said they hadn't done it before and was afraid of damage to the door trim and therefore was not happy to do the job.

I guess my only option is to do it myself.
1. Is there anyone out there that has attempted a trim change out themselves?
2. Does anyone know if the removal and replacement of the door trim is covered in the workshop manual which is accessable on the GTR site.

Any help appreciated 2006 RRS TDV6, Java/Alpaca, Dynamic Response Pack, Tow Pack, Head and Tail light protectors, 20" Stormers, Roof Rails, S/C Grill and Side Vents, Tasmods. AutoLogic mod.
1988 RR Highline, 3.5 EFI Arctic White, ARB Bullbar, Roof Rails, 15" Alloys, Front and Rear light Grilles, Side steps. (Still going strong)

Post #33118 Thu May 18 2006 7:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Compuway, tyr search on the forum for this. I know this has definitely been discussed before. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #33120 Thu May 18 2006 7:53am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Somebody did post an item about how they had done retrofited wood bits earlier this year. I'm not sure but i think they gave up doing the door panels because the non wood door panels are a different design to the wood panel design. TB might know.

I've done a search but this question has come up so many times there area lot of results in the search!

Ok after a bit of a search there is a posting from Nov 2005 by BlackRRS from the USA:

Quote:
Here in the US, this trim selection is only available on HSE interiors that don't get the LUX package. I tried to purchase the black peices to replace the wood only to find out that it is a different door panel altogether, around $900 a peice.
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #33125 Thu May 18 2006 7:58am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Compuway

Thanks ST, Tim.

Yes I have tried several searches myself on this and the US site and read through them all. It all seems too hard but I am sure there is a way. I have spoken to the dealer and he has said the doorpanels and trims look identical but they are still not willing to try.

Would that sort of thing be covered in the workshop manual? 2006 RRS TDV6, Java/Alpaca, Dynamic Response Pack, Tow Pack, Head and Tail light protectors, 20" Stormers, Roof Rails, S/C Grill and Side Vents, Tasmods. AutoLogic mod.
1988 RR Highline, 3.5 EFI Arctic White, ARB Bullbar, Roof Rails, 15" Alloys, Front and Rear light Grilles, Side steps. (Still going strong)

Post #33189 Thu May 18 2006 9:13am
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

its on land rovers gtr site, I once printed it out. Its a lot of work but the land rover instructions are pretty detailed. I ended up getting land rover technician to do it and it took him about an hour and a half per door.

I would just go to the gtr site pay for a day account and print it out.

Post #33424 Thu May 18 2006 3:10pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

djsaad1 wrote:
....I would just go to the gtr site pay for a day account and print it out.

While you are there, download as much of the site as you can too as you have 24 hours membership and can save the tech bulletins and workshop stuff to your hard drive. Reason for getting the techy bulletins is so you can keep the dealer informed of all the latest info as their guys don't appear to access it very often! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #33430 Thu May 18 2006 3:35pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Again, this is an example of lazy b Censored d dealers.

Of course it can be done and this proves it can be done.

Print it off and take it to the dealer and ask them again to do it! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #33446 Thu May 18 2006 4:01pm
Compuway

Thanks guys,

I think I will put aside a day this weekend that will hopefully be quiet, pay my days subsciption and go hard!!! Twisted Evil

Good idea ST. Idea Will have a look at how complicated it is and do that. I know to fit the tint to my car they will need to remove the door panels anyway so why it can't be done then is beyond me. Shocked Everytime I have been to the dealer they seem to have quite a few young apprentices, hence the inexperience I suppose. But in saying that they are the largest Landrover dealer in Australia.

Cheers...Wayne 2006 RRS TDV6, Java/Alpaca, Dynamic Response Pack, Tow Pack, Head and Tail light protectors, 20" Stormers, Roof Rails, S/C Grill and Side Vents, Tasmods. AutoLogic mod.

Post #33491 Thu May 18 2006 9:35pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Keep us posted how it goes.

This could help in the future! Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #33556 Fri May 19 2006 9:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1