Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Radio Low power ??? what the hell lol
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

neo1

United Kingdom 
Radio Low power ??? what the hell lol

Hi guys daft question Sad

Bought my sport today 2008 TDV8 and turned radio up to hear the quality and it stops at number 20 on the volume dial and changes to Audio low power or voltage or something whats that all about lol Shocked Live life to the full its the only one your getting.

Post #331086 Sat Feb 04 2012 11:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mrfixit

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If you dont have the engine running its fine.If running battery/alternator problem.

Post #331093 Sun Feb 05 2012 12:57am
neo1

United Kingdom 

the battery was suspect on it and i bought the sport today but the garage had fitted a new battery for me collecting it this afternoon but its still doing it since new battery has been fitted ??? Live life to the full its the only one your getting.

Post #331097 Sun Feb 05 2012 2:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
garrycol

Australia 

neo1 wrote:
the battery was suspect on it and i bought the sport today but the garage had fitted a new battery for me collecting it this afternoon but its still doing it since new battery has been fitted ???

So it is still doing it with the engine running?

As mentioned it is a battery saving feature with the engine turned off.

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #331098 Sun Feb 05 2012 2:26am
mrfixit

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Take it back,simples Thumbs Up

Post #331104 Sun Feb 05 2012 8:56am
neo1

United Kingdom 

This ambition of owning a range rover for years is vastly taking the Censored and doing my head right in, i know its only a car but its annoying the bloody hell out of me now like

UPDATE...

After driving it back from the garage after having battery charged for 24hrs and them checking alternator and stuff theis is todays encounter it like east enders this range rover turning into a new toy nightmare quickly..

Ok parked on drive over night all seemed ok, got up this morning tried to start it perfect happy with that, swtiched it off after 2/3 mins on idle and went to work in my other car, got home 3pm thought right lets go out for a drive in it..

Started up reversd off drive and the SUSPENSION FAULT light came on Sad turned and drove down my street 100 yards and sat nav screen went blank, 5/6 lights now on dash, mixture of all sorts ARGGHH another 100 yards down road rev counter goes off and speedo then lcd display in middle and then the whole lot went out, engine running still though, knocked all the electrical items off and drove 3 miles to mates garage..

Noticed on way the gear selector LCD display was showing a large capital F for Censored and said limited gears ??? revs were 4rpm at 45mph so i assume its in 3rd gear.. got to garage and left running in Park till got a look at it 4/5 mins tried to move it wont come out of park ?? FFS man, turned engne off and went to restart click click click no battery power, so jusmp pack on starts up, now will move out of park..

Reversed back 10 feet all lights off and gradually coming on warning lights i mean till had 7 on at once.. TIME TO BURN IT LOL...

Called 4x4 dealer specailist and took it through, they checking it tomorrow...

Now simce i took it through ive found this out see if this might be the cause maybe..

THE SPORT SEEMS TO GO OK WITH A FULLY CHARGE BATTERY BUT AS IT DRAINS ITS THROWING ALL SORTS UP.. BUT IVE FOUND THIS OUT TODAY LATE ON 6PM...

The garage thought the battery was sluggish so replaced the battery after test drive, which it drove fine on as they didnt want any issues (ironic or what) but here is what ive found the battery that came off was a 110 amp and the replacement is a 84 amp but same size in physical size, but a cheapish one year battery ?

COULD THE BATTERY BE AT FAULT I DONT UNDERSTAND ELECTRICS,could the battery that was originally one just be low on charge due to cold and valeters with doors open etc etc me with all heated bits on as well, and then garage fits this battery and all the faults appear ????

Any advice would be helpful
cheers Rob Live life to the full its the only one your getting.

Post #331563 Tue Feb 07 2012 11:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1