RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > RRS HSE - VERY BAD Traction in Wet Conditions - Help ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

capetoniandewd

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Arctic Frost
Need some advise on this issues please guys.

Hi guys, would just like to get some opinions from the group, and the guys in the "know"
I am really, really bad at stuff like this, so was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
What should I do ???
I bought my Range Rover Sport HSE on the 22 February 2006. Was very happy with it, and drove a around town mostly. Took it off-road 3 times on very easy, mainly dirt road 4x4 routs.
Then around I drove it on tar road in the rain for the first time as explained in my original post, and it was a disaster. After Land rover checked it out, they said it is the Tyre rods that were bent during transit, So they offered to replace them as well as the tyres.
They allowed me to carry on driving the vehicle till the new Tyre rods arrived

I sent my vehicle in on the 25th April, and I left, for a international business trip. I arrived back on 12th April, and the vehicle is still not ready.

What worries me is, could something else have been damaged while driving for so long with the tyre rods bent ? By The time I took it in the tyre were badly worn down on the outer sides.:

When they accepted responsibility, and said it was a problem when they shipped the vehicle down, Should I have demanded a new vehicle right away ?

Once it is complete should I demand a detailed report of work carried out and parts replaces, as well as an added guarantee on this workmanship.

I am just worried that I have been really nice an accepting, but maybe a year down the line I have major issues and its then too late to come back to this original issue if IT did cause any "Other" issues.

What would you guys do in this situation.
I am in my early thirties, and had to spend a HUGE amount of my savings for this car. And it’s my first HUGE investment in a vehicle. My Previous 4x4 was a Jeep Wrangler, which I never had any issues with, I know we cant compare, but the point I am trying to make is that I do not have any experience in dealing with Landrover outlets or with any outlets, for service on a vehicle like this.

Your advice would e greatly appreciated and regarded. [b]Someone[/b]

Range Rover

Post #32228 Sat May 13 2006 11:36pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Capetowmian....................... do you mean TIE rods or the steering rods? I'm not a mechanic but either could mean that your steering is shot. I can understand the dealer having problems with spares, especially as the Sport is relatively new down your way BUT 3 months is a very long time in these days of International Courier Services and next day delivery!
I would give them the opportunity to fix it before rejecting the car outright, but put them on notice that if it is right that is your intention, but before doing so you should have the vehicle inspected but a professional vehicle engineer and get a report on. Ask him to inspect the vihicle throughly and pay special attention to the steering and suspension.
It seems odd though that damage to the steering only showed up in the wet weather and not in the dry! I think you might find there is something else wrong that you are not being told about by the dealer.

Any motor engineers out there? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #32235 Sun May 14 2006 5:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I think your concerns are well founded. I would expect this would have put some strain on the drivetrain bearings. My wife's Saab went through two sets of very expensive tires (at my cost) before the dealer finally responded to my insistence that the alignment be checked. It was out. In your case - you could well have other wear - the question is, will it manifest itself within the three year warranty period? I agree with the suggestion that you should at the least talk to an independant mechanic about how this might have affected other elements of the steering or drivetrain and then secure assurances from the dealer that these potential issues have been checked out.

Post #32240 Sun May 14 2006 8:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12