RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Trouble with xxxxxxx Limited?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Hi Michael

Good to read your post.
I can only speak for myself but I think many others would agree. I don't expect miracles to be performed on my car, as you say they are very complex beasts, but on the other hand I don't want to be treated like an idiot.
I have had various run ins with all brands of dealers over the years.
I am not a 'nasty, overbearing' customer I am in fact very placid and have never even raised my voice in a car showroom but I do expect my car to be right and to be treated with the respect that I show to my customers.

My recent dealings with a certain LR dealer have been 8 items of damage caused to the interior of my car when attempting a repair to the seat, they off course did not tell me that any damage had been done, they also cracked a rear light!
Also lately when asking for the HVAC software upgrade to be done I was made to sound like a pain and that I should not even know that such a thing exisists.
The power of forums like this is also a new thing to the car industry, there have been many posts on Disco3.co.uk where customers have been able to tell dealers about fixes / cures that the dealer didn't even knew existed and LR itself must have saved a fortune by the thread warning everyone to check their tailgate struts!
Servicing costs are another thing that has come in for scrutiny, why should some dealers be charging up to £549 for a first service on a D3 when others have paid £166 for the same thing (and no the £549 is not a London price but in the Midlands)

At the end of the day all any of us want is a helpfull, fair dealer which is something that not many of us enjoy.

It would be good if we could all work together to acheive this.

It sounds like your dealership may well be one of those that we would all like to visit and I applaud you for 'coming out of the woodwork'

Keep in touch, and maybe let us know which dealership you represent.

Cliff

Post #32167 Sat May 13 2006 12:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234