RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Idle vibration and HP Fuel Pump failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

UB

Australia 
Idle vibration and HP Fuel Pump failure

The HP Fuel Pump on our 08 RRS TDV6 had to be replaced after spewing smoke and diesel all over the road. A firetruck came out, inspected and dumped sand over the diesel puddles before being towed to dealer. Bit dramatic, but apparently they must attend in the event of large oil leaks.

After getting the car back, I have noticed a subtle yet noticeable increase in idle vibration when trasmission is left in D when stopped. The vibration can be felt through the seats, steering wheel and strongest from the center console between the front seats. Shifting into N seems to lessen the vibrations, and I have started doing this at most light stops. Has anyone come across such a problem? The dealer had taken a look and said they can't fault the car.

Btw - if there are any Sydney TDV6 D3 or RRS owner who is available to help take a look and compare it with their own car I'd really appreciate it Bow down Thumbs Up

Post #315486 Wed Sep 28 2011 2:22pm
garrycol

Australia 
Re: Idle vibration and HP Fuel Pump failure

UB wrote:
The HP Fuel Pump on our 08 RRS TDV6 had to be replaced after spewing smoke and diesel all over the road.

Did this happen after recall work that replaced the HP Fuel Pump was done?

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #315512 Wed Sep 28 2011 6:36pm
UB

Australia 

No, it was never recalled for the fuel pump. While year of manufacture falls in with the recall, our VIN doesn't Confused I don't know who determines these things but it's bloody obvious our car should have been recalled Evil or Very Mad

I'd advise any TDV6 owner to drive straight to the dealer upon hearing a loud ticking sound coming from the engine.

Post #315562 Thu Sep 29 2011 1:35am
garrycol

Australia 

UB wrote:
No, it was never recalled for the fuel pump. While year of manufacture falls in with the recall, our VIN doesn't Confused I don't know who determines these things but it's bloody obvious our car should have been recalled Evil or Very Mad

Is that right - I thought it was all of the 2.7 RRS and D3s up to the body update.

Mine is an 07 and had never been to a dealer when I bought it - still hasn't. I was at the dealer asking about something and they put my car into the system and there were two outstanding recalls - including the pump.

If I were you I would go onto Topix and input your Vin just to make sure what the dealer has told you is correct - it lists outstanding recall action.

I see you have posted on AULRO so I will not respond there.

Cheers

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #315868 Sat Oct 01 2011 2:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1