RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Suspension problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>

rolexstar

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Thanks for the advice, May be you could have a look at it if your local Smile where you based

Post #272212 Mon Jul 26 2010 2:35pm
fxsremaps

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Range rover sport suspension fault

Hi,
I'm having the same fault as above. The dealer has looked at it for 3 weeks now and has given up!!!! The suspension goes wrong when you try to lower it from normal height, it goes down then straight up to extended mode......so i guess it thinks something is under the car or probably has a restriction somewhere. The dealer has changed all height sensors and has done several suspension recalibrations but still nothing. Any ideas about the above ????? Big Cry It does sometimes do it on the road especially if you go round a courner hard, then the yellow light comes on and it goes up again. Switch off and away you go. P.S no fault codes according to the dealer.

Post #275793 Sat Sep 11 2010 5:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fxsremaps

Latest,

The dealer has found some water in air compressor and has cleaned it out and freed off the corner valves. This seems to have sorted the problem.

Post #276278 Sun Sep 19 2010 8:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Under such circumstances it is prudent to replace the Air Suspension Compressor Drier too. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #276284 Sun Sep 19 2010 9:51am
fxsremaps

Yes many thanks. They did already change the drier, air compressor, height sensors and many downloads. But thanks for the info. Thumbs Up

Post #276296 Sun Sep 19 2010 3:07pm
Vadim

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Well THAT is a proper susprnsion failure...

&feature=related Vadim A.

Post #277076 Fri Oct 01 2010 2:32am
avartis

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red

Hope I can help you my friend.

You see, inside the air suspension you have a shock absorber made by Delphi.
These shock absorbers when they wear out have a tendency to remain blocked at some point when you put your car on access mode.

The suspension ECU interprets your blocked shock absorber as an obstacle underneath the car (it senses that it can not lower any more on that side so assumes you have an obstacle underneath the car)

This happened to me. Tell the dealer about this and even if they don't believe you make them test the shock absorbers. It's usually on the side where the car drops more slowly.

Post #299954 Thu May 19 2011 12:45pm
911-RRS

United Kingdom 
SCARY!!!Re: Suspension problem

S4LAD wrote:
I Bought a new Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE from Stratstone in Cardiff. After a few months the Suspension developed a problem. When driving for no reason the lights would come on the dashboard, and tell me to slow down and the suspension would drop down to the Bump stops.
The Vehicle was towed in to be repaired not once but Five times after i was told the vehicle was safe to drive by Stratstone. Twice this vehicle nearly killed me.. Once on the motorway doing 80mph then the suspension dropped and blew my back tyres out.. and once in a country lane because once the suspension drops if you dont slow down quick enough, you have no control over the Vehicle. After all these problems Stratstone still refused to give me a new Vehicle, But again after having it in for 6 Weeks and telling me they had found the problem it failed again but this time infront of there own showroom, I never even got out of the yard. Thats where it as stayed . i am now taking them to court to get my money back.. SO BEWARE Twisted Evil

Hi guys/girls.

I'm just about to buy a 2008 RRs TDV8 but reading this post scares the hell out of me!

Has anyone else had high speed suspension failures or is it very rare? I don't want to be on the motorway on edge all the time!

Post #309636 Fri Aug 12 2011 12:36pm
Katrina999

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver
replaced steering rack

Hi all,

I bought a second hand RRS and after driving 9 miles from the garage the power steering failed on me. I took it back to the garage and they diagnosed a seal failure on the steering rack. They changed the steering rack and when I went to pick it up today the suspension is inoperative and the orange warning light is on ???? They are telling me that its okay and it just needs to be re calibrated by a Land rover dealer who has the necessary machine. As you can imagine I am very anxious is this B******t ??? Please help as I'm thinking about just tellling them I do not want the car and demanding my money back under the sale of goods act. I've contacted Trading Standards and they say that I have an excellent case. HELP !! Katrina

Post #314991 Fri Sep 23 2011 11:01pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Katrina, you should be able to reject the car and get your money back....not an easy process but can be done...

Post #314992 Fri Sep 23 2011 11:06pm
Katrina999

Thanks Nick I would really like to keep the car but am concerned that the garage isnt a Land rover dealership and although it is a big garage operation I am just anxious that there is something now going on with the suspension although the car is driving fine now the suspension seems to have a problem they said the light might come on and it did when I took it round the block I just wonder whether after such a big change of a part that the suspension does need to be re calibrated as they have said ??? Where would I find this out ??? anybody got any ideas ?? Katrina

Post #314994 Fri Sep 23 2011 11:26pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

What did they actually change and how is it related to the suspension system?
Did any code(s) come up with the warning light? Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #314997 Sat Sep 24 2011 1:26am
Katrina999

Hi

When they brought the car back to the waiting area they informed me that the warning light might come on as the whole Steering rack had been replaced due to a faulty seal they felt they needed to changed the part in full.

There was no code that I saw but the light did come on minutes after I drove it. they said that all that was required was a reset by Landrover ?? After reading for a few hours on this very informative forum I'm now panicking that they are not telling me the truth and they also mentioned that the part they removed had not been a genuine part but reconditioned steering rack the car is an 07 plate with only 35,000 on the clock . Katrina

Post #315005 Sat Sep 24 2011 9:09am
Katrina999

Nick tried to reply to your message but can't apparently haven't posted enough lol.... but yes help accepted

Thanks

Katrina Katrina

Post #315008 Sat Sep 24 2011 9:15am
Katrina999

Suspension issue again

Oh well suspension problem again and knocking noise. Last week dealer had a look to see what was causing the knocking noise they found worn bushes should this be covered under warranty? Today light came on message centre saying suspension fault vehicle leaning when cornering ??? They can't look at it until the 29th Sad is it safe to drive I asked to which they replied well unless we see the car we can't say duh.... Katrina

Post #325770 Tue Dec 20 2011 7:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>