RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Front seats comfort with rear seat cushions forward
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

AlsaaMike

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zambezi Silver
Front seats comfort with rear seat cushions forward

I've not noticed any posts on this, so here goes. This is not a complaint, but a word of advice for the benefit of those who are contemplating purchasing this outstanding vehicle. I've noticed that in order to drop the rear seat cushions forward to create a flat rear cargo area, I need to move the front seats forward to a point where the front seat comfort, particularly the driver's, is less than I would have wished. Not a major issue as I only need to do this occasionally, but if you plan to drive with a full load on a regular basis my suggestion is to ensure that you drop those rear seats on your test drive and be sure you are happy with the driving position. Other than this the only irritations are the as yet unsolved ashtray cover issue, and three distinct and separate rattles that have developed in the last 1,000 miles. Approaching 6,000 miles and still thrilled with my RRS. 2011 BMW X3 35i Carbon Black
2006 RRS HSE 4.4, Zambezi Silver
Swiftly and with style!!!

Post #3087 Sat Oct 08 2005 1:58am
Biggles

England 

It is true what you say and on the three occasions i have needed the rear seats flat I have been thankfull it was only for short journeys. On every occasion I have to have the front drivers seat so far forward it is not only uncomfortable but dangerous.
Land Rover should change thier sales pitch to, totally flat loadspace for those who are short enough to manage. Laughing
Any future events where I need more space will entail the use of the tow bar and trailer. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #3089 Sat Oct 08 2005 8:53am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Good info - thanks. In my capacity as a 6'4'' lanky streak of p**s (my wife's words Wink), I'll have to watch for that.

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #3091 Sat Oct 08 2005 12:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1