RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Unbelievable Response From Landrover Australia
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Unbelievable Response From Landrover Australia

I have a problem with engine noise on my August 2010 RRS TDV8 which the dealer in Perth from which I purchased the vehicle refuses to deal with/does'nt know how to deal with. (See my post in Technical Section today).

I rang Landrover Australia to get some assistance on this issue, i.e. can they help me resolve the problem.

Their response was talk to the dealer (who can't fix/won't acknowledge the problem). I asked, if the dealer can't fix the problem will Landrover Australia help me or at least talk to me about the issue. The response was no! you have to go through a dealer, as Landrover Australia has no techical support capability to the public. In Perth we only have 2 Landrover dealers (both of dubious capability and owned by the same group) and any problem which cannot be fixed by them basically will not be supported by Landrover.

The Landrover Australia person on the phone basically acknowledged that the only way to get a problem fixed which Dealers could not resolve was to take the importer (Landrover Australia) to court.

The phone call ended when the Landrover Australia person stated "there is no point continuing this conversation" and promptly hung up the phone.

I don't think the above situation represents the proper behaviour of a "Prestige Manufacturer".

Have other people had similar dealings with Landrover Australia.

Post #297672 Fri Apr 29 2011 1:13pm
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Its not just in Australia,I rang LR UK CS to give them my VIN number to ask them to get my QC records to find out if my car had been through paint twice and they said they couldn't access the records and to take it up with the supplying dealer! MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #297685 Fri Apr 29 2011 6:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

do you have a good local independent you could take it to for a second opinion, not to do any actual work which could give them cause to try and void the warranty, just see if they can find the problem and give you a report to beat the crap out of LRA with. I found when my 2006 was out of warranty, the independent LR service company were far more knowledgeable than the main dealers.

LRA as well seem to think we owe them a favour, my new one was recovered twice, they damaged the wheel recovering the vehicle and then informed me that "as a good will gesture" they would change the damaged rim, good will my arse, if they did not change it i would take them to the small claims court.

Ask 2nd rower about his travesty in dealing with them

Thanks Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #297719 Sat Apr 30 2011 12:36am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Hi Meiang,

Unfortunately in my opinion nothing is unbelievable when it comes to the lack of customer service from Jaguar Land Rover Australia...

Here's my personal experience:
http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic15769.html

Search this site or the sister sites; or other international sites, and you will actually find that it is a common issue globally - my opinion is that this is the standard approach to customer service you receive once you have an issue that is too hard or too costly to remediate!

In my opinion they don't actually care about aftersales, and this is then manifested by the dealers. My further opinion is that Land Rover Australia seem to only be interested in the fact that they are now second to BMW in the "luxury SUV" segment in Australia!

And I bet you thought you'd bought a 4x4 and not an SUV! Wink

Cheers
2R

Post #299514 Sun May 15 2011 5:40am
garrycol

Australia 

2nd Rower wrote:
Here's my personal experience:
http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic15769.html

What was the outcome or is it still ongoing.

My RRS has just ticked over 48,000km has never been to a dealer (even under warranty) except for recalls. I have had it for 10,000km and it has been fine and not needed any warranty work - in fact it has not needed any warranty work..

However unless I really need to it will not be going to a dealer - I just don't trust them. The problem is finding a good independent - I have had my 48,000km service done but the fuel filter and pollen filter have not been done as the mechanic could not find where they were. Likewise I wanted the brake fluid changed as the car is over 3 years old but they said they did not know how to do it. I will be doing all these myself next week as well as continue my search for someone to work on my car.

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #299530 Sun May 15 2011 12:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1