Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Question for the Aus owners
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange
Question for the Aus owners

Hi chaps

In preparation for shipping my RRS to Aus, I'm trying to determine what modifications will be needed for it to pass the compliance tests. One thing that keeps coming up on all the searches I've been doing is the need for 'child restraints' to be fitted in the rear, I've no idea what these are / look like so I can't check to see if it already has them. Smehow I doubt they're the standard seatbelt installation from what I've been reading, looks to be something that'll need welding in Sad

Could one of you chaps take a photo of them for me or describe what they look like so I can go check ? I've asked the same question on aulro.com but am aware there aren't many RRS owners there.

Looking increasingly likely we'll be upping sticks to Melbourne later this year, so I'm in full on preparation mode with the car, the list of jobs & 'bits I need to buy' is growing by the day Cool Laughing

Cheers
Mike Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #297602 Thu Apr 28 2011 2:52pm
MikeS

Sorted Very Happy Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #297628 Thu Apr 28 2011 9:23pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Mike, glad to see another fellow "pom" making the trip south, and your G4 will be a very rare breed indeed, the brits are slowly taking over the country, even the PM is a Taff from Barry Wink

Look forward to meeting up for a Curry at some point in Melbourne.

On that point BK, 2nd, Hydronic, any plans for a meeting in the near future, i should be able to wrangle a biz trip to Melbourne next month Thumbs Up Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #297639 Thu Apr 28 2011 11:24pm
hydronic

Australia 

Z, a curry would be great but I will be in Europe 4-26 May. Going to Italy for release of wife's book and then driving through to Paris. Flying to Manchester to see my relo's and down to London to see my sister.
Sometime in early June would be good for a meal.

MikeS, another mod that may be applicable is the tow bar. We have to use a horrible adapter that provides a socket for our standard 2" square hitch. Alternatively you can fit a Mitchell hitch. Now :3.0 TDV6, Stornoway grey, Premium Almond leather,Dynamic Pack , Paddle shifters, Rear Electronic Diff, Surround Camera System, Park Distance Control - Front, Tow Pack, 19 x 9" 5 V-Spoke wheels, Memory Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Carpet Mat Set, Roof rails, general Grabber ATs,

Ordered, due May 17 SDV6 Dynamic Loire Blue, Ivory, Drive Pro pack, Sliding roof, Heated seats and steering wheel, Surround cameras, Tow pack with Advanced Tow Assist, Meridian 825w sound,

Post #297673 Fri Apr 29 2011 1:19pm
MikeS

Certainly looking forward to meeting up with you chaps Thumbs Up

What's the craic with the towbar then ? I've seen the Mitchell jobbie on aulro, seems to be a popular setup, I assume it's better than the LR option ?? Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #297767 Sat Apr 30 2011 9:21pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

not sure about any regulation related issues, but here is more detail on the Mitchell hitch

http://store.mitchellbros.com.au/discovery-3-4-and-rrs

gets a good wrap in terms of being a replacement for the LR "plough" Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #297774 Sun May 01 2011 2:31am
garrycol

Australia 

I have never had the LandRover plough but do have a Mitch Hitch. The main advantage is that it is up out of the way - disadvantage is that it protrudes out the back even without the tongue in place and is a bit high off the ground but I have not found either to be a major issue.

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #297775 Sun May 01 2011 3:24am
disco4x4au

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Santorini Black

The new (2010/2011) LR hitch is fine - doesn't drop down as far as the old one.

Cheers,

Gordon 2015 RRS SDV6 SE, Santorini Black, GOE 2-way HS rods, Traxide dual battery, 275/55R20 Nitto TerraGraplers

2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE - GOE 3-way HS rods, GOE underbody plates and sliders, 275/65R18 Courgia MT

Post #297835 Mon May 02 2011 2:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1