RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Retro-fit Cherry Wood to door panels?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

kam100

United Kingdom 

ST u have a PM/

Post #27567 Wed Apr 26 2006 2:32pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Hartwell Landrover have come back to me and changed trim from Rhodium to the Cherry Wood.. Smile but did say it has put delivery back a week. Sad

I can't think why as they have to fit one or the other anyway.. Confused Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #27977 Thu Apr 27 2006 12:53pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I doubt it really does... TB should be able to confirm, but I would query this with your dealer. Ask why he thinks that's the case? You could always say you went on the factory tour recently and was told you can submit changes up to 24 hrs in advance (which is true!). 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #27980 Thu Apr 27 2006 12:55pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I'll second that. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #27981 Thu Apr 27 2006 12:56pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
I doubt it really does... TB should be able to confirm, but I would query this with your dealer. Ask why he thinks that's the case? You could always say you went on the factory tour recently and was told you can submit changes up to 24 hrs in advance (which is true!).

I did mention about the factory tour and that they said changes could be made up to 24 hours before delivery, but the young lady couldn't give me an answer without going to see her manager (as she did with everything else I asked about!) Surprised
It is not really a problem anyway as we are away when it is due so I am perhaps happier for a gleaming new RR Sport to be locked in their yard rather than sat on my drive waiting to be nicked or vandalised by perhaps a friends of the earth fanatic.. Shocked Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #27992 Thu Apr 27 2006 1:23pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Fair enough - sounds like that's that question answered then Wink 

Post #28013 Thu Apr 27 2006 2:07pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:

I am disappointed that one of you comedians on here hasn't come back with some comment like 'the garage staff will love using it off road for a few days...yea, much safer than at home on my drive..! Shocked Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #28025 Thu Apr 27 2006 2:54pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Richchad, it sounds as if your dealer has swapped vehicles on you rather than change your order.

All dealers have an alotted number of build slots throughout the year. So if they don't have a confirmed customer order to fill a build slot they order what they think they will be able to sell on easily. i.e. Java black and ebony interior etc. (sorry guys).

By putting your delivery date back a week, this sounds as if your dealer had the exact vehicle you wanted on order for a later delivery, so he didn't have to go through the hassle of changing your original order.

If the new delivery date is better for you personally fine. If not go back to the dealer and start making a scene. Tell them that you know for a fact that individual orders can be changed as late as twenty four hours before the actual launch date. It is unacceptable for them to delay delivery by a week and if they don't sort it properly you will take your business else where.

These people are the face of Land Rover, most customers judge the whole Land Rover experience on how they are treated by the dealership. And to be honest it sounds as if your dealership are not really trying their hardest to make your experience run as smoothly as possible. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #28026 Thu Apr 27 2006 3:02pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Richchad wrote:
shmoogle wrote:

I am disappointed that one of you comedians on here hasn't come back with some comment like 'the garage staff will love using it off road for a few days...yea, much safer than at home on my drive..! Shocked

Richard - that was the old RRSport.co.uk we have all grown up now! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #28027 Thu Apr 27 2006 3:05pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

TB thanks for the info, my order was one the dealer had pre-ordered and I was happy with the colour etc, but from what you are saying it could still be a swap to another vehicle...if it is I hope all the rest of the spec is as I originally ordered, however as I said before I feel happier not having to leave my new RRS on the drive with an empty house. Smile Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #28030 Thu Apr 27 2006 3:12pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Very Annoyed wrote:

Richard - that was the old RRSport.co.uk we have all grown up now!

Yea yea.....I don't think so Wink Rolling Eyes Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #28033 Thu Apr 27 2006 3:15pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

TB wrote:
Richchad, it sounds as if your dealer has swapped vehicles on you rather than change your order.

All dealers have an alotted number of build slots throughout the year. So if they don't have a confirmed customer order to fill a build slot they order what they think they will be able to sell on easily. i.e. Java black and ebony interior etc. (sorry guys).

By putting your delivery date back a week, this sounds as if your dealer had the exact vehicle you wanted on order for a later delivery, so he didn't have to go through the hassle of changing your original order.

If the new delivery date is better for you personally fine. If not go back to the dealer and start making a scene. Tell them that you know for a fact that individual orders can be changed as late as twenty four hours before the actual launch date. It is unacceptable for them to delay delivery by a week and if they don't sort it properly you will take your business else where.

These people are the face of Land Rover, most customers judge the whole Land Rover experience on how they are treated by the dealership. And to be honest it sounds as if your dealership are not really trying their hardest to make your experience run as smoothly as possible.

Update on my delivery date..complained about additional week delay for requesting Cherrywood trim, quoting the above to the dealer...they have come back stating we are back to original delivery date Thumbs Up and the following..

'In response to your comments having spoken to someone who works for Land Rover, I would like to confirm that this is not what happened. When I made the amendments on the VISTA system, the date supplied by the system was as you were advised. Once we have confirmed an order with a customer we do not 'swap' or indeed do anything else to that vehicle or order unless requested to do so by a customer. I would suggest that the date supplied by the system was correct at the time, but has since returned to the original date for build commencing.'

I am pleased it is back to the original date, the comments above seem genuine...but funny it is now back to the original date after I complained today.. Wink Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #29483 Wed May 03 2006 5:02pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Yep, all sounds like dealer skullduggery to me. I'd accidentally drive over his toes when you go to pick it up. 

Post #29493 Wed May 03 2006 5:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12