RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > DIY Detailing DownUnder
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

hydronic

Australia 
DIY Detailing DownUnder

I see lots of UK posts about detailing and wonderful products to DIY. Does anybody have any recommendations for similar products or processes available here in OZ.

I am still washing the mud off after this Thumbs Up Now :3.0 TDV6, Stornoway grey, Premium Almond leather,Dynamic Pack , Paddle shifters, Rear Electronic Diff, Surround Camera System, Park Distance Control - Front, Tow Pack, 19 x 9" 5 V-Spoke wheels, Memory Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Carpet Mat Set, Roof rails, general Grabber ATs,

Ordered, due May 17 SDV6 Dynamic Loire Blue, Ivory, Drive Pro pack, Sliding roof, Heated seats and steering wheel, Surround cameras, Tow pack with Advanced Tow Assist, Meridian 825w sound,

Post #293253 Tue Mar 22 2011 8:21am
garrycol

Australia 

Unfortunately the vid does not show the RRSs in their best light as the nearly 20yo Cruiser does as well as the new vehicles. The vid would have had much more impact if the Toyo was not in it. The RRS shows how far 4wds have come but the Cruiser also shows how far they have not come in actually improving offroad performance - despite the much better technology. I guess the reality is, that if my 50s series 1 landie was in the vid it probably would do as well.

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #293261 Tue Mar 22 2011 11:01am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Fantastic Video guys, shows just what is possible in an RRS. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #293262 Tue Mar 22 2011 11:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ronniet101

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Try driving the toyo with 5 up at 130mph with the tvs on watching a dvd and in comfort, having a drink from the fridge..the rangey just doesnt do off road

Post #293264 Tue Mar 22 2011 11:15am
simon1233

United Kingdom 

Shiny on top, muddy underneath

Since watching the video when it was originally posted a couple of weeks ago I have been enjoying getting my car off-road. Nothing as extreme though.

Was the Toyota there in case you needed a winch??

For every gentleman's expedition you need a sherpa to carry some equipment Smile

Post #293265 Tue Mar 22 2011 11:23am
garrycol

Australia 

ronniet101 wrote:
Try driving the toyo with 5 up at 130mph with the tvs on watching a dvd and in comfort, having a drink from the fridge..the rangey just doesnt do off road

well actually the top level cruiser of that era did have a fridge as standard and was quicker than the RR of the time. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #293279 Tue Mar 22 2011 1:26pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

The toyota had a tyre advantage: Mud Terrain Tyres, and a bigger wall profile which allowed for lower tyre pressures to get a better bagging effect in the mud.

Post #293331 Tue Mar 22 2011 11:10pm
JONRRS

Australia 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Baltic Blue
Re: DIY Detailing DownUnder

hydronic wrote:
I see lots of UK posts about detailing and wonderful products to DIY. Does anybody have any recommendations for similar products or processes available here in OZ.

I am still washing the mud off after this Thumbs Up

I am a DIY detailing fanatic. Most people look forward to a new car to get new paintwork, I look forward to improving the gloss and look of the car with a clay bar and polish. The difference it makes to the look of the car and how much cleaner the car looks all the time, not to mention how much easier it is to wash when you apply quality products is amazing.

I have found an outfit called car care products (carcareproducts.com.au) that sell all the really good UK and USA sourced detailing products.

They are based in sydney, but you can order online, and they are really helpful if you call them.

The stuff looks expensive when compared to what you buy at Kmart, but I have found it lasts a really long time, and the quality is worth the price.

I think I spent about $700 on stuff about 3 years ago and still have ample supply of a lot of products. I spent that much as my wifes car needed paint correction so I had to purchase wax eraser, swirl mark remover etc.

I am not affiliated with them in any way, but really recommend their services. 2011 TDV6 Luxury - Baltic Blue, Ebony with Contrast Stitch, RSE, Stormers, Towpack.

Post #293333 Tue Mar 22 2011 11:36pm
hydronic

Australia 

Thanks for the link JONRRS, looks like a good source. Could you give a rundown of what you purchased from them?

The video showed a little of what the RRS's were capable of, and the Cruiser was better shod, lifted and being driven by a much more experienced 4WDer than me. Oh, and by the way, the next day we had 5 RRS's hammering through the very windy blacktop of the Black Spur range. The Cruiser would have been miles behind.

The RRS may not be as capable as a fully lifted, hardcore modified 4WD but it has to be the very, very best allround vehicle available. Very Happy Very Happy Now :3.0 TDV6, Stornoway grey, Premium Almond leather,Dynamic Pack , Paddle shifters, Rear Electronic Diff, Surround Camera System, Park Distance Control - Front, Tow Pack, 19 x 9" 5 V-Spoke wheels, Memory Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Carpet Mat Set, Roof rails, general Grabber ATs,

Ordered, due May 17 SDV6 Dynamic Loire Blue, Ivory, Drive Pro pack, Sliding roof, Heated seats and steering wheel, Surround cameras, Tow pack with Advanced Tow Assist, Meridian 825w sound,

Post #293335 Wed Mar 23 2011 12:03am
JONRRS

hydronic wrote:
Thanks for the link JONRRS, looks like a good source. Could you give a rundown of what you purchased from them?

. Very Happy Very Happy

Ok

Dodo Juice Gentle Grey Clar Bay & Magic Lube Kit - $58
Black Wow - $34
Duragloss Wax Eraser - $18
Autoglym Car Glass Polish - $15
Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate - $15
Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent - $20
Dodo Juice Need for Speed Polish - $33
Zaino Professional Leather System - $70

As for Wheels, I buy cheap Alloy Wheel Cleaner and Meguairs Hotshine High Gloss Tyre Coating from Super Cheap Auto, as I find it works as well as anything, and the tyre coating is in aerosol form so is really easy to apply. All other products have been too messy.

I also use pretty cheap household carpet foam for cleaning the carpets.

The only thing I have left out is dash/interior, I think it is down to personal preference and I dont like to recommend these products to people, I have found different dash materials give different looks, so you need to try a few and get your own solution.

Also I haven't included wash mits and microfibre towels - best off getting these from Kmart etc, not from the website I mentioned as they charge excessive amounts for them and they not great quality.

About $300 will get you a store of decent products which will last a long time and keep your car looking its best.

Hope this helps you part with some hard earned cash to have a schmick looking RRS! 2011 TDV6 Luxury - Baltic Blue, Ebony with Contrast Stitch, RSE, Stormers, Towpack.

Post #293337 Wed Mar 23 2011 12:29am
hydronic

Australia 

Thanks for the list. I have already bought cloths etc from Kmart.

Preen stain remover works a treat on alloys and is much cheaper than Alloy Wheel Cleaners. I believe it is exactly the same (smells, looks, feels, works the same) solution. It is a great hand cleaner as well. Thumbs Up Now :3.0 TDV6, Stornoway grey, Premium Almond leather,Dynamic Pack , Paddle shifters, Rear Electronic Diff, Surround Camera System, Park Distance Control - Front, Tow Pack, 19 x 9" 5 V-Spoke wheels, Memory Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Carpet Mat Set, Roof rails, general Grabber ATs,

Post #293338 Wed Mar 23 2011 12:57am
garrycol

Australia 

Car lovers for me - the RRS is a 4wd afterall not a pampered pet. Very Happy

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #293341 Wed Mar 23 2011 2:18am
JONRRS

garrycol wrote:
Car lovers for me - the RRS is a 4wd afterall not a pampered pet. Very Happy

Garry

Surely it can be both... Sometimes play rough, other times you have to nuture it..

I am hoping to take delivery around the 15th April - not long now!! 2011 TDV6 Luxury - Baltic Blue, Ebony with Contrast Stitch, RSE, Stormers, Towpack.

Post #293894 Sun Mar 27 2011 10:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1