Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Which Spec?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Robbi

Guernsey 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red
Which Spec?

Hi,

I have finally been won over from the Disc 3 to the Sport after driving a demo (TD6 SE) at the weekend. I think the Disco 3 is better value for money but the RRS looks better and the interior...sorry cockpit!! is much nicer.
My problem is which spec - S, SE, HSE do I go for....in desiel of course.
Living in the Channel Islands I don't need SATNAV and if I do I'll rather spend the money on the best that is around at the time. One thing I am confused about is that according to the brouchure Premium SATNAV is an option on the SE but the demo I drove had SATNAV...so what is so premium about it thats adds another £1700 (ex. VAT of couurse being C.I.)
I like the 19 " wheels but the 18" on the SE were nice.
The premium leather of the HSE looks nice but which will last longer....is the softer leather less hard wearing?
Do I need Cold climate or Driver Intel.
I also think the side mouldings might be a good idea to try and protect the side against other cars doors.

I have done the figures and if I spec up the SE on the things I want it's only £800 short of the SE. Starting at an S gives a larger margin.

And colour...I would like something that withstands the odd scratch. I like the Silver.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks.[/b]

Post #283 Tue Jun 14 2005 2:06pm
Robbi

Wax treatments?

Another question. Are these wax treatments for cars worth the high cost? My dealer had an HSE in the showroom with an Autoglym treatment which added approx. £800 to the cost of the RRS.

Is it worth it?

Post #285 Tue Jun 14 2005 2:18pm
Biggles

England 

Hi Robbi,
I have been offered the same treatment at the dealer I am dealing with but at a cost of £485.00. We have at work the contact details of a local company that also do this treatment for £250.00. It is exactly the same treatment and I am seriously thinking of having it done to my Java Black RRS when it arrives. Hopefully before the end of the month.
As to spec I really think it is down to personal choice and amount of cash you can spend. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #287 Tue Jun 14 2005 2:46pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I would avoid the S spec............. cloth seats, less toys and not that much less than the SE. SE is a nice spec with no SatNav (I have a much more versatile PDA with GPS enablement for both NavMan and Memory Map Navigator OS maps of the entire UK on a 4Gb microdrive in the expansion slot.). Cost all told was about £800 for machine, GPS Sleeve, Microdrive and Memory Map Navigator UK North and South disks. The GPS Sleeve came with the NavMan programme included. I bought them from www.totalpda.co.uk
and can move it easily between cars, onto a boat, onto my mountain bike and I have even taken it on my ship................. it is also WiFi enabled so I can surf the net away from home and it has all the features of a palmtop computer. Much better than LR's fixed and dedicated syatem..... only drawback is the small screen

Post #290 Tue Jun 14 2005 2:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbi

Thanks Tim,

Sounds like I should have bought the SE that my dealer had before it turned into a demo. It had SATNAV and wasn't included as an option in the price!

I thought that maybe it was like the Disco 3 where all models get SATNAV but the HSE get a more advanced version that covers terrain for off-roading.

Do you have an SE or HSE?

Thanks.
Rob

Post #293 Tue Jun 14 2005 3:25pm
Tim in Scotland

I have a Givery Green TDv6SE with a few extras, got it last Thursday without ordering, bought direct off the dealer's showroom floor on the Wednesday before (launch day) when I took my RR TD6 in for servicing........
There are pictures of it on the D3 wheels here
http://rrsport.theseusnorth.com/forum/view...mp;start=0

and here
http://rrsport.theseusnorth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42

Hope you like it Robbi

Post #294 Tue Jun 14 2005 3:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

United Kingdom 

Seems a bit sneaky!! - all the literature refers to Premium Sat Nav as standard on HSE & option on SE, which at first glance (if like me you are used to the Disco3), gives the impression that it the "premium" is an upgrade for the SE:D However, on more detailed checking there is no mention of a "standard" sat nav on the SE (as is fitted on Disco3) Embarassed Certainly all adds up to RRS being a more expensive option than Disco3 Exclamation

Post #304 Wed Jun 15 2005 11:20am
Tim in Scotland

All you get on the SE with a hint of Satnav, is a plastic blanking piece on the roof where the hole for the antena cables shold be!

Post #305 Wed Jun 15 2005 12:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1