RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > What happenned to Service at Lookers Park Royal????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

jamiequ1

I thought you could use LR warranty at any LR dealer?

Post #288661 Thu Feb 10 2011 7:46pm
m6totdv8

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Was given a 6mth "select" warranty that to be honest I didn't do my homework on , when i asked why only 6mths was told that was the norm ......I didn't question it foolishly & then I paid for a stratsone extended 18mth warranty....both of which are probably not worth the paper they're written on . Especially as I think I can hear the arb knocking ! And it came with the Overfinch 22"s on. Rolling Eyes .

Nick........sorry for dragging this O T. Current : Overfinch TDV8
Gone : BMW M6 V10
Gone : BMW 535d
Gone : BMW X5 4.6
Gone : BMW M3
Gone : Merc E280

Post #288662 Thu Feb 10 2011 7:52pm
BIG DJ

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Was the car over 75,000 miles when purchased?

If not they've had you over as you would have got a 12month LR extended warranty and they then sold you another 12 but worded it that you got 6 and paid for 18.

See link below

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/approved...d-promise/

Post #288669 Thu Feb 10 2011 8:17pm
m6totdv8

It's at 55K ?? Question Question Sad .... I think I will give Landrover C S a call tomorrow.....or am I wasting my breath ?

Nick Current : Overfinch TDV8

Post #288678 Thu Feb 10 2011 9:27pm
BIG DJ

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Worth a shot. Or go back in sh*tstones armed with the info of the website and demand your money back for the extended warranty.

Post #288683 Thu Feb 10 2011 9:49pm
m6totdv8

You see this is exactly what I was getting at with my first post on this thread Evil or Very Mad Censored .

Nick ...... Once again Sorry for O T. Current : Overfinch TDV8

Post #288684 Thu Feb 10 2011 9:53pm
DrLex

Iceland 

m6totdv8 wrote:
It's at 55K ?? Question Question Sad .... I think I will give Landrover C S a call tomorrow.....or am I wasting my breath ?

Nick

Save your breath; Stratstones do not retail all their cars via the Land Rover Approved scheme and therefore avoid the 1 year warranty when doing such. They will claim that this allows them to price the cars in a keener fashion.

Personally, unless I knew & trusted either salesman or service manager at a Stratstones, the amount of complaints I read about them would cause me to steer well clear.

Post #288696 Thu Feb 10 2011 11:17pm
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I used to work for a huge American multi-national that trained us as salesmen to welcome complaints and I think this thread highlights why that is such a successful strategy in that it allows a company to turn around a negative into a positive when it addresses the issue and ends up in a better position than before with the customer who ends up delighted that his complaint has been investigated and addressed.
Well done once again LPR in reinforcing your leadership position. Thumbs Up MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #288702 Fri Feb 11 2011 7:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lookers Park Royal

Thanks for everyone's comments, and it now sounds like 'problem solved' Thumbs Up Apologies again to the OP. Obviously this post highlights that we are human after all Whistle however as a rule I would like to think that we are more attentive than the average 'stealer' Wink .

James Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

PS If anyone has any concerns whilst dealing with us then please PM me in addition to posting. I check my PM's a few times a day, unless on holiday/Sunday's Shocked , and I will always highlight the issue to the relevent dept Manager for response on the next working day.

Last edited by Lookers Park Royal on Fri Feb 11 2011 11:55am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #288707 Fri Feb 11 2011 8:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Misery

United Kingdom 

Shocked Shocked never seen you use the word stealer before James Shocked Shocked

Post #288746 Fri Feb 11 2011 11:54am
Lookers Park Royal

Misery wrote:
Shocked Shocked never seen you use the word stealer before James Shocked Shocked

Mis, only when I'm on the back foot! Sad How many Range Rover Ultimates do you want me to put you down for?

James Thumbs Up

Post #288766 Fri Feb 11 2011 1:10pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

That's the only reason i am going is to see that James. Wish I could afford to order one from you. I think it looks even better than the HH.

But at 130k a new G is only 126K Wink Wink

Post #288876 Sat Feb 12 2011 10:38am
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

ChrisP wrote:
I used to work for a huge American multi-national that trained us as salesmen to welcome complaints and I think this thread highlights why that is such a successful strategy in that it allows a company to turn around a negative into a positive when it addresses the issue and ends up in a better position than before with the customer who ends up delighted that his complaint has been investigated and addressed.
Well done once again LPR in reinforcing your leadership position. Thumbs Up

Chris - Couldnt agree more, i have been in sales for many years and i have lost count how many times i have attended a meeting with a customer who has a complaint / issue and have walked away with an order for extra work.

Post #291719 Wed Mar 09 2011 9:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12