RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > SLROC Green Road Run 20th Feb
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
SLROC Green Road Run 20th Feb

The Scottish Land Rover Owners Club is holding another of it's gentle jaunts in the countryside on the 20th February
The location is Glen Shira about 2 miles before you get to Inverarary in Argyll. Meet up at 10:30 in the carpark just off the A83 on the right on the sweeping bend just after the old bypassed hump back bridge at Shira Lodge at the head of Loch Shira. These drives are totally non-damaging, on gravel/hard packed surfaces although I have driven them on 20" wheels I wouldn't recommend 22's or 24's, there can be some big potholes as these are Hydro Board roads not Waterboard private roads and the Hydro guys go everywhere in Defenders! The event is open to non-members, costs £5 and you bring your own lunch, warm clothes and a camera - and enough fuel to get there and back. I have posted photos in the events section of FullFatRR.com
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic4732.html

Map here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sour...h&z=10 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #288608 Thu Feb 10 2011 9:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
8 CDC

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Evening Tim,

Not sure if you will get this before tomorrow or not but will be tagging along to this with a mate and his defender. If you can give me a shout on route on 07756 247 247, not knowing the area that well, I'm relying on your directions.

Chris Everybody is clinging on to their sanity….Some just hide it better than others….

Post #289680 Sat Feb 19 2011 10:10pm
Tim in Scotland

Chris , nice to meet you guys out on the hillside. Unfortunately as you found out I didn't get the message before I left, but you made it OK and I hope you enjoyed the day out. It was a very gentle jaunt for a Defender (and even for the FFRR) and that is the idea of the SLROC GRR's - get folks out in their cars even though they don't have to use all the offroad toys.
There is a more serious event on next weekend up near Lochgilphead if you fancy joining in with the Defender but it isn't an SLROC event, it's just a group of enthusiasts and I'll be there with my 90 instead of the FFRR. Details are:
All set once more with our first drive of 2011 for all our 4x4 friends old and new..Dates as above, meeting place Forest Entry past Lochgair hotel coming from Inverary direction. Same meeting point both days, try to arrive no later than 9.45.. Cost as usual one day£25.00 both days £35.00. ...Like previous posts we always give warning to drivers of nicer or shiny vehicles as to the conditions of the tracks we use..these can inflict some fairly numerous scratches and without due care a few hefty bumps and slides on some routes..We have found in the past "WE ARGYLL 4X4" had to make decisions for drivers of shiny vehicles who come along to join in the drives as to whether they should attemp a particular run..This does cause us some concern as we are put in the position of trying to decide what the driver would find acceptable as regards the scratching encountered on the many routes we use. With this past experience we have come to the conclusion the only way of addressing this problem is to say you will scratch your pride and joy, and if you accept this you come in the knowledge of this outcome . The biggest problem for the owners of the nicer vehicles about this scenario results from not knowing beforehand what awaits you on the route and to walk each route beforehand would be too time consuming and very unfair to our other attendees . So in essence if you come along you do so at your own discretion..Anyone needing any information can ask on this forum post and the replies will come thick and fast LOL

This is a post from the Events around the World thread over on wwwLandRovernet.com 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #289761 Mon Feb 21 2011 12:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
8 CDC

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Not being ignorant, first I've managed online for a while! A great day was had & I've replied to your pm.....but it's just sitting in the outbox?????? Everybody is clinging on to their sanity….Some just hide it better than others….

Post #291276 Sun Mar 06 2011 6:15pm
Tim in Scotland

Have now received it and replied! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #291316 Mon Mar 07 2011 1:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1