RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Excellent Service - Stratstone Swansea 2011
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mogsy

Wales 
Excellent Service - Stratstone Swansea 2011

Purchased 2011 RRS last year, and loved the drive immediately. All weathers, horse box, trailer or motorway, great fun.
Salesman Paul Moreton excelled in his role in advising on choice, what worked or didn't and kept us fully informed through the 3 month build lead time. Negotiated good deal, so 3.0TDV6 HSE Stornoway Gray with Diamond turned 20", tow bar, side steps was driven away end of Oct10.
Your forum gave balanced advice on choice of winter tyres so when the snow arrived blocking roads, well prepared in its shiny Vredestein Wintracs for an emergency dash taking neighbour to hospital.
Back to Stratstone....noticed a few little faults which although did not detract from great driving experience I wanted them registered with LR while under warranty even if they were not fixed immediately.
Main fault...rear boot not aligned correctly. Shunt lines unequal, wear on rubber seals and gouging and marking on bumper when in contact with door. Problems with water in later life?
No2- side steps not fixed properly and rattling No3 Sat Nav version appeared out of date. 4. Exposed wiring loom under driver seat.
After phone call in January, Paul and Geraint welcomed me. Spent a long time listening to me, then after inspection of each fault,all items were agreed to be remedied FOC. Bring the vehicle back to body shop at my convenience.
Rebecca on Service Desk arranged loan of brand new Freelander for 4 days...I've just returned from Swansea and everything has been repaired exactly as agreed. While waiting for "paperwork", I was invited to take out the new 4.4 RR for a spin. awesome
Chris the "body shop guy" deserves special mention as repair of gouges and scuffs to bumper are now invisable.
As compensation for inconvenience of returning to garage, a trip around LR factory is being arranged for my brother and myself. (maybe Quality Assurance Bay?) top man

Excellent customer service at Swansea Stratstone.
From original contact last July, through negotiating of purchase, delivery (showroom filled with balloons for my wife!), to remedial work on the sagging list of faults caused during build at LR factory . Thanks to all involved M.

Post #289641 Sat Feb 19 2011 3:09pm
lord Fenham

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey
Excellent Service - Stratstone, Houghton le Spring

As per Mogsy's posting of yesterday - I would like to throw my hat into the ring in regard to Stratstone at Houghton Le Spring, near Durham.

Liam, Sales Manager and recently departed, Dean; now at Stratstone RR only at Stockton, are useful men.
And you can get a cup of tea or Coffee there too.

- I had a problem with the Jag' recently in fact. Do you know the xj conv' can do 160mph with the roof down - and 170 max on private road or racetrack? Not bad ehhh. And the ehgine purrrs like an animal Jaguar. Hence the name I expect?

I had a problem with a Tyre - it kept puncturing. This ws due to bump on the actual rim, which was either knocked out, or replaced. Service tried to give it to me for £165; but I told them to shove it and give the matter to Dean. I was on a train at the time to London and comms were not that easy.

You do have to be firm with all dealers, in my experience. They will try to charge you if they can..
Don't let them! All know how frustrating, not having a vehicle is when busy. And distances to home Dealership can be a problem. A good 1/2 an hour for me, probably 40 mins more like.

But the RR is going well. Great payload - but speeding tickets are mounting up. Another 1 on Friday in Court. Hope the old Barrister did his stuff.

Dean has gone to Stockton. I wish him well. Might try a 4.4 td - that he is on about. In mid-cherry Red this time. Looks quite smart.

Fenham.

Post #290553 Mon Feb 28 2011 4:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1