RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Keith - 4.4HSE Buckingham Blue: Update on delivery date
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

keith

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue
Keith - 4.4HSE Buckingham Blue: Update on delivery date

Just had a call from my dealer confirming a delivery date of about 12th September. I ordered the car about mid May so I'm reasonably pleased with the waiting time.

I have ordered the Dynamic Response pack but haven't seen many posts mentioning anything about it. All you SC guys must have it, so what do you think of it?

Keith 4.4HSE Buckingham Blue
Alpaca Premium Leather, Rhodium
Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #1940 Thu Aug 25 2005 11:41am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I'll let you know when I get mine! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1942 Thu Aug 25 2005 12:04pm
Black Beast

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

My supercharged is scheduled for September 12 delivery aswell! 2006 Java Black Supercharged RR Sport / Overfinch tips

Post #2081 Thu Sep 01 2005 6:16am
keith

Hi BB

I think it's due at the dealer on the 12th so I'm hopeful of being able to pick it up maybe on the 14th. Anyway it's going to be here a lot quicker than I originally thought when I first ordered the car. I was told it would be Nov/Dec.

I had delayed ordering the car because I wanted to actually see one and drive one before committing myself. I eventually placed the order without having driven the 4.4 but when I finally got the test drive it just confirmed that I had made a good choice. I haven't driven a SC car or a diesel but I'm sure the 4.4 will be brilliant.

I think I've gone for quite an unusal combination of the 4.4 engine and the Buckingham Blue with Alpaca. Most of the UK cars seem to be either SC's or TDV6's in black or silver. I'm hopeing that by the time I come to change in 3/4 years tastes will have changed and dark blue will be the colour to have and diesel will be so highly taxed that the petrol engines are the sensible choice again.

With petrol heading towards $8 a gallon over hear it's going to take $150 to fill her up and travel maybe 360 miles on a tankfull. Thankfully, I don't do too many miles a year so it's not too big a deal for me.

Anyway, getting pretty exited about the prospect of a new car. I'll need to decide on what little extras to fit (like mudflaps, sill plates, body side mouldings etc) so the dealer can fit them prior to collection.

Must say i'm not too sad about saying goodbye to the 5 series BMW which I've had for 7 years. It's been a really good car but it's time to move on. I've held on to the BMW for so long because I was struggling to fine something better to replace it with. I was all set to get the latest version of the 5 series but boy was I disappointed when it arrived. It really turned me off BMW's. It's then taken me 3 years to find another car to get excited about.

Keep me up to date with your delivery, hope there are no delays.

Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #2082 Thu Sep 01 2005 10:34am
gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Keith - Buckinham Blue is a GREAT choice - i have opted for it as well and i am very pleased.

I switched minds between the silver & rimini red but since most cars in teh US will be either black or silver, the Blue stands out with class. It's a VERY deep dark blue - very classy w/the light interior.

You can't go wrong - supposedly not a whole lot of cars are in buckingham blue to so count youself lucky Wink - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #2083 Thu Sep 01 2005 6:44pm
keith

Hi Gribnau

I was really pleased with my colour choice when I saw your photos in the gallery. I've gone for the Rhodium finish which also does not seem to be too popular. Oh well, I like a bit of individuality.

In one of your earlier posts you say that you were thinking of changing the mats from alpaca to ebony. Alpaca mats are not even listed in my options price list - only aspen or ebony. I'll have to contact the dealer about that. Have you changed them for ebony?

Also does the rubber loadspace mat make a difference in stopping stuff sliding about too much or does it just keep the carpet clean?

RRS's are still pretty scarce around here, only seen 3 black ones on the road. By Blue one is going to look fabulous.

Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #2094 Fri Sep 02 2005 11:28am
gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Hi Keith - I have not yet changed but i think i will fairly soon - My wife drives the car only back and forth to work - she's wearing dress shoes each day and yet the carpet gets really gray after only 2 months - the ebony is more appropriate for hiding the dirt -

The load space mat i bought mainly to keep the carpets clean - it's a good addition since it's made of durable and thick rubber that protects your interior. I can recommend getting this option.

Have fun - i have added some chrome tips to my car which i think makes it look more sturdy as well as replaced the grills & side vents - the SC grill contrasts nicely with the blue - shop around if you are planning to have this done, and install it yourself - it's a matter of minutes to replace the items.

- Robert - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #2100 Fri Sep 02 2005 6:50pm
keith

Hi

Spoke to the dealer this morning.

The car is currently being PDI'd and getting the extras added.

Now scheduled for a Saturday collection.

He says it looks great and the Buckingham Blue is very classy. I can't wait to see it myself.

Planning a trip to the mountains this Sunday. May have to get the RRS dirty.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #2705 Tue Sep 27 2005 3:28pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Keith, whilst I was picking up mine at the weekend they put a Buckingham Blue one next to it, an HSE also I believe. IN the flesh, looks much nicer than I thought. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2707 Tue Sep 27 2005 4:41pm
keith

Got it on Saturday Very Happy Very Happy

Even got a tank of fuel with it along with a rather nice leather CD holder.

Car was beautifully prepared. Everying thing I ordered was fitted and worked.

Took it for a run to the mountains on Sunday with a couple of mates. Swallowed all our gear with ease and brought lots of positive comments from the passengers.

So far done about 230 miles averaging 18.9mpg.

You really need to concentrate to keep it below 3000rpm. Can't wait till it's run in to see what it can do.

Very impressed with the handling. The dynamic response keeps the car amazingly flat. Ride was a little "bouncy" on the narrow single track roads up in the hills but that was much better than wallowing around.

The Brembo brakes are superb.

Absolutely nothing negative to report. I'm very very happy.

Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #2874 Mon Oct 03 2005 12:11pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

keith wrote:
Got it on Saturday Very Happy Very Happy

Very impressed with the handling. The dynamic response keeps the car amazingly flat. Ride was a little "bouncy" on the narrow single track roads up in the hills but that was much better than wallowing around.

The Brembo brakes are superb.

Absolutely nothing negative to report. I'm very very happy.

Keith

I will second that...... at last LR products that dont list like ships Shocked 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #2893 Tue Oct 04 2005 9:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1