RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Brake Controller installation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

alan2851

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White
Brake Controller installation

Hi everyone, have had my 1st RRS for 3 weeks now, beautiful to drive and no problems.

Due to go around Oz this week for 4 months towing our 2.7t caravan so in preparation installed the CB radio and second battery under the bonnet, all work OK

Also had a Tekonsha Prodigy Brake controller installed (taken from my Jeep Grand Cherokee) and found the wiring colours used on the RRS are not the same as OZ standards, caused the brakes to come on hard on my van when I put the lights on!! The installer attached the brake controller to the blue wire normally used.

Now that the brake controller is attached to the correct wire we have the parking lights blinking on regularly about 8 seconds apart, looks like it might be some sort of pulsing to do with determining that a trailer is attached. The blinking disappears when we disconnect the brake controller.

Has anyone else experienced problems with installation of a Prodigy brake controller?

Post #268986 Sat Jun 19 2010 4:05am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Alan i would recommend you try the D3 site http://www.disco3.co.uk , i think you will find there are more locals on there that would have the answer you may be looking for

Cheers

Jim Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #269631 Sat Jun 26 2010 8:54am
alan2851

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply, I've been looking across all sites but haven't seen anything that looks like the answer.
Anyway I spoke with LandRover in Newcastle on Friday morning and she goes in tomorrow to have the Brake controller fitted correctly. Apparently there are more than the single wire connection that most vehicles seem to have and this was conformed later in the day by the original 4x4 installer in Newcastle.
If all goes OK then we can leave on the weekend towing our 2.6 ton Caravan around Oz for the next 4 months.
Thanks again for your reply.
Al

Post #269721 Mon Jun 28 2010 4:36am
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Do you find the Prodigy controller easy to use? I've just ordered myself an "Ultimate" camper trailer and they have recommended a digital Prodigy controller and would be interested in your thoughts? 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #274991 Mon Aug 30 2010 6:12am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

I used a hire trailer the other week, and when connected to the RRS it had blinking lights on the trailer. I put it down to the fact it had LCD rear lights, as previously I had no problems with hire trailers with normal bulbs/globes. I think this issue is mentioned elsewhere on the site.

My RRS is a MY08.

Post #274995 Mon Aug 30 2010 6:56am
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

yes, because there is no load with LED lights, the computer doesn't recognise there is a trailer connected and keeps sending the pulse that it uses to detect connections. You will need to get a "Pulse Buster" installed to stop it happening. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #274996 Mon Aug 30 2010 7:56am
Firebird

Australia 

640Newton wrote:
Do you find the Prodigy controller easy to use? I've just ordered myself an "Ultimate" camper trailer and they have recommended a digital Prodigy controller and would be interested in your thoughts?

I use the Prodigy and it is brilliant. Had one now for 6 years, in fact just bought the latest version as I sold the old one with the boat.

Cheers

Post #287857 Thu Feb 03 2011 11:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1