RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Phone book over bluetooth upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>

Mintleaf

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

When i bought my 2007 MY back in August i got in touch with the dealer a few days after getting the car and complained address book over bluetooth didnt work. They fixed it for me FOC (have to say that they did try to charge, I basically told them after spending over £30k on the motor they were taking the P*ss) RR Sport TDV6 HSE 07MY Java Black

Post #195098 Thu Nov 06 2008 8:54pm
8 JTS

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

had my '06' SC in for a service and the dealers fitted a new module FOC ..... great service... I get the full deal with a 3g iphone...only problem is my contacts are sorted by second name on the car, and first name on my phone...any ideas how i can fix this?

Post #210126 Thu Feb 05 2009 11:22pm
marca

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tonga Green

Just to let people know, I have just had the bluetooth upgrade done on my late 2005 RRS. At first Land Rover said there was no upgrade available when they connected it to the IDS system. However after reading through all the fantastic posts here, pointing them at the TSB LTB00095 and printing out the instructions given at http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php...30#p197326 for them, they did a quick call to Land Rover Technical Support and another go with IDS and it's worked! I can now sync my phone book with my HTC Diamond (no need for the Jetware software etc) and they only charged me 0.5 hours labour! Bargain!

Thanks to all for the great info on this forum!

Btw; I should add that this was done with the original factory fitted Nokia phone module, no new phone module or anything was required. Was RRS 4.4 V8 HSE Tonga Green, now Audi Allroad

Post #218496 Fri Mar 20 2009 11:32am
STEVEN MORGAN

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Chawton White

Has anybody else had problems with bluetooth link to car and the voice control,i am fed up of him saying sorry.

Post #222613 Thu Apr 16 2009 12:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Sorry Whistle Whistle Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #222642 Thu Apr 16 2009 5:16pm
Another SW

United Kingdom 

STEVEN MORGAN wrote:
HAS ANYBODY ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH BLUETOOTH LINK TO CAR AND THE VOICE CONTROL,I AM FED UP OF HIM SAYING SORRY.

NO NEED TO SHOUT! Rolling with laughter

Seriously though, check your system setup - I'll bet that your Voice language is set as either US English (F) or US English (M) and will be expecting you to say things like 'traffic circle' instead of roundabout (not while using the phone - obviously Mr. Green )

As always RTFM Thumbs Up

Post #222655 Thu Apr 16 2009 8:31pm
James W

United Kingdom 

Just picked my 2007 TDV8 up from the stealers as I wanted the following work done:

1. Replace steering wheel for a new smooth leather version (great improvement)
2. Fix Park Distance Controller (replaced all wiring looms and module)
3. FIX BLUETOOTH PHONEBOOK SYNC.....

I am really pleased to say that they have finally managed to get the PTI to sync the phonebook from my Nokia E71 (running upgraded new v.200.21.118 firmware on my phone)!!!

They replaced the PTI module about 4 weeks ago which still didn't work and claimed there was no software update available. I was adamant that there is (having read on here) and they've managed to install another module and do the PTI soft/firmware upgrade today. Within minutes or re-connecting my phone I had full phonebook visibility on the dash display and in the instrument binnacle. I am now also able to select names via the arrows on s/w controls. Very Happy

I've also installed the LR iPod connector cableand routed through the bottom of the cupholders - better position IMO than the glove box..

Post #225591 Fri May 15 2009 2:27pm
dsingeruk

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
bluetooth phonebook size

Hi All,

I finally succumbed to the ripoff bluetooth upgrade for a 'value for money' £130. It seems to work..sort of!

I can view my call register ok and view some of my contacts - but not all of them. The list seems to stop at 'K' with a few 'Z''s stuck on at the end.

Does anyone know if there is a size limit? ie maximum of 100 contacts?

Pretty useless for me if I can only look up half my contacts without touching my phone.

Thanks for any insight.

Daniel.

Post #227110 Mon Jun 01 2009 5:11pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

I have 215 sync'd just fine on mine......could be your phone Question L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #227204 Tue Jun 02 2009 11:30pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

The MY09 that I have downloaded the phone numbers but not the names from a Blackberry. Should this have the names too or did the salesman cock summat up when pairing the phone to the car?? Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #228486 Wed Jun 17 2009 11:23pm
par10

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Giverney Green

I booked my 2006 RRS HSE to have the bluetooth upgrade carried out and the nav on the move.

I was told that for nav on the move I would need a new nav disc so I ordered it, I took the RRS in this morning and when I picked it up I was told that the blue tooth module did not support the directory upgrade and that a new one would cost £209.36, the new nav disc was installed and the nav on the move does not work.

The guy at M. J. Fews stated that they got a lot of these requests for the bluetooth and nav on the move generated from the various forums and their customers end up dissapointed because the forum posters do not know what they are talking about.

According to M. J. Fews the 2006 RRS was fitted with a LXVJ500122 blue tooth module and for the directory modification a LLR006279 module is needed.

What is to be said about that statement then?????????????/

Post #256317 Thu Feb 18 2010 5:14pm
jimska

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

marca, who did the upgrade for you? My dealer says it can't be done.

Post #275458 Mon Sep 06 2010 8:53am
chris mc

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

When i bought my RRSport the dealer told me i would simply have to pair the phone and the phonebook would transfer, thanks to this info and this site i went back with the nfo and am now having the software update FOC

Post #277143 Sat Oct 02 2010 8:16am
KWG

2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Zermatt Silver

I must be extremely lucky with my '58' plate RRS coz my it reads my contacts from my iPhone 4, whereas in my previous '06' RRS it did not.

Post #286440 Thu Jan 20 2011 12:35pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 

2008 cars came with the software for phonebook over bluetooth , 2006 did not . Bluetooth Exchange www.bluetoothexchange.co.uk

Post #286883 Tue Jan 25 2011 2:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>