RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > BUYING A 4X4 FROM SAXTONS4X4 ? A WORD OF ADVICE ....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

nic

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Richard ,thanks for the link .i have posted a review which hopefully will help some unsuspecting soul ..

Nice feed back guys and much needed considering im feeling lighter in the pocket but heavier in the "im a total dick for not checking things out properly "department Bow down

Post #278269 Wed Oct 20 2010 1:26pm
james5599

United Kingdom 

Been a while since i posted,

and having a look about, felt the need to post on this subject,

i ve been to saxtons once, i wouldnt go back,

How anyone (apologies OP) could go to saxtons and not run a mile is beyond me,

When parting with ones own hard earnt, due diligence surely comes into play, The cars there are jammed into a carpark like site,

Half of the cars have dents and bumps and thats just on the surface, i m sure on further investigation they d reveal all sorts of nasties,

Staff were clueless, half the batteries on the cars were dead a doornail, the cars were filthy, took 15-20mins and repeated asking to get simple things done....

yeah i could go on.....flashy website, crap everything else.

All that being said, how can one expect any Aftersales of any description.......

However, no one deserves to be lied to, so i hope the OP gets the just resolution. Also if i can help (quite possibly) then i d ask the OP to contact me via private message.

j.

Post #279698 Mon Nov 08 2010 9:32am
domy123

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

All dealers are the same. You really have to check everything yourself and never take their word for anything. If there are no docs present on viewing the likely hood of them turning up is 0. Trading standards really are a waste of time as they will merely tell you to put it in writing send it via recorded delivery and give them 14 days to respond. This is a waste of time. Merely get a solicitors letter to send a letter indicating what you were promised or led to believe or demand your money back and reject the car. Really this dealer should be highlighted on here to give buyers easier access to their customer service!

Post #281803 Thu Dec 02 2010 10:42pm
Lookers Park Royal

domy123 wrote:
All dealers are the same. You really have to check everything yourself and never take their word for anything.

Merry Christmas!! Whistle

James Thumbs Up

Post #281825 Fri Dec 03 2010 10:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Yeah James - you are all the same Laughing

We know you are the exception Thumbs Up

I am ready for a change again in 9 months or so - we'll see then if you still have the magic Rolling with laughter

Why is it only James and the team though Confused - maybe you could launch a dealer school Bow down

Post #281835 Fri Dec 03 2010 11:55am
Lookers Park Royal

MAW wrote:
I am ready for a change again in 9 months or so - we'll see then if you still have the magic Rolling with laughter

9 months, you're joking Shocked ......... I've not recovered yet from the last transaction! Whistle

Of course, not problem at all, we'll get you into a 61 plate. Wink

James Thumbs Up

Post #281841 Fri Dec 03 2010 12:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Thumbs Up Laughing Whistle

Post #281843 Fri Dec 03 2010 12:57pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
domy123 wrote:
All dealers are the same. You really have to check everything yourself and never take their word for anything.

Merry Christmas!! Whistle

James Thumbs Up

James you need to re locate North, you would love Yorkshire Thumbs Up

Post #281854 Fri Dec 03 2010 7:07pm
Lookers Park Royal

Quite like the tea Leeds!

James Thumbs Up

Post #281866 Fri Dec 03 2010 8:18pm
domy123

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
MAW wrote:

9 months, you're joking Shocked ......... I've not recovered yet from the last transaction! Whistle

Of course, not problem at all, we'll get you into a 61 plate. Wink

James Thumbs Up

Sorry James I didn't mean to offend you. From what i hear about you is very positive. Unlike many dealers they are there for 1 reason and 1 reason only to make money as i have been told many times in the past they are a business not a registered charity! dont get me wrong there are good dealers out their but they are very few and far between. If buyers ask all the relevant question and concerns before buying and the dealer keeps to their word there should be no disputes after the sale in theory anyway!
Smile Current 2007 RRS S/C HST Premium Edition
-------------------------------------------------------
2008 BMW X5 4.8 MSport - Gone and will not be missed
Ferrari F430 Spider - Gone
Aston Martin DB9 - Gone
BMW 650 Cabriolet - Gone and will be missed

Post #283114 Wed Dec 15 2010 4:44pm
RRSCruiser

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Nic

There is a useful piece of statute called the "reverse burden of proof" if you google it you will find it covers used cars and if within 6 months of purchase you have notified the dealer of a fault then they are legally obliged to correct the situation. You can then follow the steps to get your car fixed and if you then need to use the small claims court to recover any money spent on repairs you will be in a strong position.

It will all help as per domy123 advice to write the letter that gets your situation addressed by fixing your situation or worst case a rejection if that is what you choose.

kind regards
Very Happy

Post #284488 Sat Jan 01 2011 4:46pm
jetbags

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Saxton 4x4

Hi All,

For what it is worth i thought i would just add my own experience tro this thread as it seems to be in total contrast to some others.
I have been hunting for the right RRS Supercharged 4.2 for some 4 months, having viewed a few 4 wheeled donkeys i was losing all hope of finding a real top spec car.
I found two possibilities on the Saxton 4x4 site and arranged a viewing/rest drive. being that i live in Margate,Kent it was a trek to their dealership in Essex but i found it to be worthwhile wwhen i got there. Yes the dealership is very cramped for space, they have an enourmous range of vehicles in stock but i found that to be a good thingas i was able to look at several differing types before i made my mind up.
I dealt directly with the sales person called Andy, who it has to be said was very knowledgeable and in no way pushy at all, was happy to discuss the pros and cons of all the different variants.
On deciding to purchase my RRS at a price that was really competitive, i know i had been searching for some time, he also confirmed that the vehicle would get a full valet, service and two other bits seeing to that really was goiing the extra mile.
I found the whole process really straight forward and although many others have had what seems a terrible time, I can only recommend Andy and the service that i received.

I understand that they are soon to move sites so that the overcrowding issue is fully addressed, which considering their stock levels can only be a good thing.
In a nutshell i would give Andy and the service at Saxton 4x4 a 5/5 so far, they have exceeded my expectations and i hope that this comntinues to be the case. 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #301421 Tue May 31 2011 7:43pm
SturgeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey

When I was looking for my RRS I asked the question about Saxon on here before I took the plunge a drove down there. I'm so glad I did because I was put off by everyone's bad experiences. Just goes to show that sites like these are worth their weight in gold and can help you avoid potential heart ache....... Big Cry Thumbs Up Thumbs Up MY 11 RRS Luxury Stornoway Grey Ivory/Black leather contrast stitching Logic7 side steps roof DVD system for the grand daughter. Mercedes SL500 for the summer. Vito Sport X for work. Gone to many to list but what larks

Post #371666 Thu Jan 31 2013 12:51am
RRS-Spy

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Before I bought mine, I was tempted by Saxton but did my research first and steered clear.

Too late for the OP but my advice to anyone else who is tempted by them is to treat any purchase from them as a private sale. Do all the checks you would do on a private sale and assume there is no come back post sale. That way, you minimise the chances of getting burned Proud owner of a 2008 TDV8 HSE.....and an Audi A3 2.0T DSG Cab and a Porsche 911 Turbo (Mercedes W208 320 CLK and Mercedes W124 E220 Estate now gone)

Post #372779 Fri Feb 08 2013 8:26pm
Taz6665

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

nic wrote:
Hi Tim ,
nope sorry i missed that link but will take a look .. ive been stone walled so badly that the warning post was my final dig before just getting on with my life and trying not to get so vexed by it all Big Cry ... i feel much better knowing that they have a truly crud reputation so surely they cant survive forever??!!! .. i also work in London and have made sure that people around me are fully aware that they are to be avoided. Laughing

i will defo have a look at the link thou ... away from the wife !! cheers

My God ...and I thought I was the only one ??? It is identical to what I have just been through ...how do they earn a living ...how do they live with themselves .....I am a 48 year old married father of 4 and just a mr average ...This is almost identical to the trouble I have just had with another dealer ...It's defies belief but as you say ..god willing the good guy comes through and as in my post thank god for sites like this , twitter and Facebook ...I am financially secure and am going to throw a few bob as this just because it's NOT FAIR and NOT RIGHT ....best wishes Taz

Post #403092 Thu Nov 21 2013 6:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>