RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Jacking options
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jimmy Salsa

Australia 
Jacking options

Frustrated with the standard LR Jack limitations for off-road applications, I recently purchased an ironman inflatable jack that works of your exhaust.

The first problem I came across was the fact that with the twin pipes on the sport, when pressure buil;ds up on one side, it diverts exhaust gases to the other pipe.

This requires you to be able to block one side and attach the jack hose to the other side.

Thee second problem encountered relates to the actual hose fitting that goes over the exhaust. It's a conical rubber funnel designed to fit multiple pipes. I found that it just doesn't seal well unless you sit behind it putting lots of pressure against it.

If you're on your own you then come across the problem of how to block one side and hold the hose on the other exhaust.

Was thinking that you could get a couplling made up to go on the end of the exhaust on both sides.

One side would have to have a rubber seal on it to block the exhaust pipe and the other could lock onto a new coupling on the jack hose.

Not having any experience in tht sort of gear, I was hoping someone on the forum could either throw an alternative at me or recommend how best to get some couplings like that made up and fitted.

Cheers

Jim 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #267918 Sun Jun 06 2010 7:21am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

How about asking the jack supplier - it cannot be new to them and maybe they have a solution?

Post #267923 Sun Jun 06 2010 8:40am
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Do search on Disco 3 for exhaust bungs

As temp measure could always use a potato Very Happy

Post #267925 Sun Jun 06 2010 9:16am
MeDT

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Atacama Sand
Air Bags with multiple choice

Jim,
due to overseas posting missed this so sorry could not throw two bobs in when required, hope you have found a solution, but maybe this will help someone else.

I had the same problem when we bought our air jack. The off-road store in Fyshwick (no not that sort of off-road) supplied an air jack that I asked if it could be tried out. Placed conical cup over the exhaust, increased revs and still no politician!!!!! Thought bag was defective (now it sounds like a politician) though figured the split exhaust thing out before making fools of our selves Embarassed Dealer then says that we should try out that another air jack/bag has a tyre inlet valve as an alternative!!!! Noting that we carry an air compressor (ARB portable) when we go off-road, problem solved, with a cost increase of $30. Yes we did use it in sand and the compressor had no problems with lifting the car Thumbs Up .

Danny. Life is a break in non existance so enjoy it to the fullest, without ifs or buts just soak it up!

Post #278076 Sun Oct 17 2010 2:54am
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Good option and the bag does not stink when put back in the car

Post #278209 Tue Oct 19 2010 1:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1