RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > BUYING A 4X4 FROM SAXTONS4X4 ? A WORD OF ADVICE ....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

nic

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
BUYING A 4X4 FROM SAXTONS4X4 ? A WORD OF ADVICE ....

Dear all ,
this post is a word of advice nothing more so please take it how you want .. I am a 37 year old father of 2 boys aged 7 and 2 weeks.. i am a normal guy but i must confess to being vain on the car front and well and truly fell for the looks of the RR Sport.. having had a BMW X5 for 6 years previously which cost me a fortune and alot of arguments with BMW ,i decided in May to change and started looking into buying a RR.. i parted with 30k of my hard earned cash which i personally view as a huge amount of money especially in this current climate and have been treated so badly that i deemed it necessary to alert others of the potential pit falls of dealing with Saxton4x4.I am a reasonable guy but I blame myself for being naive ..my excuses being ,having a wife that was 7 months pregnant ,a loathing for my X5 and a new job about to start so i decided these guys were ok to deal with ..My wife and i have been lied too from the moment we saw the saw car ,documents promised which never appeared mainly but we have suffered such appalling customer service and after sales that it defies logic people like this make a living.I have recently joined this site and have previously used a BMW site of similar nature, i find them excellent .. helpful ,factful and dare i say it truthful.. on many occassions i have been saved by a random post and so i know people pay attention to whats being posted .... Please Please if you do attempt to deal with these guys ,dont be suckered in by the webb page and the promises... Barter hard on the price ,get everything you want done and most of all view first hand all documentation (sevice history ,V5 ,manuals etc) ..if you can avoid dealing with them my advice first hand is to save yourself the agro and avoid them like the plague.I am a genuine guy with a genuine gripe so please dont take this as a bloke with the hump because i am 30k lighter in the pocket and 6 months heavier in agro.
Thanks alot and i hope this helps Rolling Eyes [/i][/b]

Post #278080 Sun Oct 17 2010 7:33am
chris mc

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey
Re: BUYING A 4X4 FROM SAXTONS4X4 ? A WORD OF ADVICE ....

nic wrote:
Dear all ,
this post is a word of advice nothing more so please take it how you want .. I am a 37 year old father of 2 boys aged 7 and 2 weeks.. i am a normal guy but i must confess to being vain on the car front and well and truly fell for the looks of the RR Sport.. having had a BMW X5 for 6 years previously which cost me a fortune and alot of arguments with BMW ,i decided in May to change and started looking into buying a RR.. i parted with 30k of my hard earned cash which i personally view as a huge amount of money especially in this current climate and have been treated so badly that i deemed it necessary to alert others of the potential pit falls of dealing with Saxton4x4.I am a reasonable guy but I blame myself for being naive ..my excuses being ,having a wife that was 7 months pregnant ,a loathing for my X5 and a new job about to start so i decided these guys were ok to deal with ..My wife and i have been lied too from the moment we saw the saw car ,documents promised which never appeared mainly but we have suffered such appalling customer service and after sales that it defies logic people like this make a living.I have recently joined this site and have previously used a BMW site of similar nature, i find them excellent .. helpful ,factful and dare i say it truthful.. on many occassions i have been saved by a random post and so i know people pay attention to whats being posted .... Please Please if you do attempt to deal with these guys ,dont be suckered in by the webb page and the promises... Barter hard on the price ,get everything you want done and most of all view first hand all documentation (sevice history ,V5 ,manuals etc) ..if you can avoid dealing with them my advice first hand is to save yourself the agro and avoid them like the plague.I am a genuine guy with a genuine gripe so please dont take this as a bloke with the hump because i am 30k lighter in the pocket and 6 months heavier in agro.
Thanks alot and i hope this helps Rolling Eyes [/i][/b]

Unfortunately it is the same all over, Dealers promise you the earth and could not be nicer to you up to the point when they have your cash in their till, after that they could not give a flying f**k about you.

Check out some of the reviews on them!

Quote:
Do not go near these guys. i bought a £30,000 plus Range Rover from them and had real problems. They never return calls and you are kept completely in the dark. The sales guy i dealt with was a slick operator and when he was not around noone knew what was going on. The car was provided with no user manual or service history even though this was repeatedly promised. When they delivered it ran out of fuel, had no tax disc and the fuel gauage was faulty which they knew about but delivered anyway. They will push you for a 1,000 deposit to hold the car and promise easy refund if you dont buy. Do not put down any deposit and buyer beware.

Quote:
Complete cowboys with no customer service skills at all AVOID dealing with them. They made me arrange a viewing on a car that had already been sold but only decided to mention it when i arrived at the showroom. Were very arrogant and did not even offer me an alternative nor an apology for wasting my time.

I made a formal complaint to the managing director in writing via email and he did not even have the courtesy of replying.

S
Quote:
imilar experience to everyone else. I viewed a car, purchased on basis that some items would be put right, they were not. Warranty work was not carried out and I gave up after taking the car back twice when I realised what they were about.
The business looks impressive but they are an absolute disgrace, I would never deal with them again and I wish I had seen these reviews before I did. And I dealt with them about 5 years ago!

I must say however, there are some good reviews about them.

TBH more than 1 bad review is enough to put me off.
[/quote]

Post #278081 Sun Oct 17 2010 8:25am
wackyjim

Scotland 

Hi chris mc...Where did you buy your RRS??

Post #278087 Sun Oct 17 2010 10:07am
chris mc

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

wackyjim wrote:

Town & County Aberdeen mate

Post #278088 Sun Oct 17 2010 10:19am
A12DY B

United Kingdom 

I recently contacted them about an x6,

I can tell you after what they offered me in part ex their margin for profit is horrendous

Post #278089 Sun Oct 17 2010 10:20am
NickM

United Kingdom 

A12 - mate saw your car up for sale, looks great - have you had much interest??

Post #278091 Sun Oct 17 2010 10:38am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Been to look at RRs at Saxtons as its not to far from me. The place is full of them but just by looking you can tell that in NO WAY should you deal with this place. Do not ask me why ,could be the place just looks like a Censored hole. Feel for you, hope it sorts out.

Post #278100 Sun Oct 17 2010 12:13pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

chris mc wrote:
wackyjim wrote:

Town & County Aberdeen mate

I got mine at Stratsones in Cupar....and have had plenty return visits since!!! Big Cry Big Cry

Post #278101 Sun Oct 17 2010 12:13pm
nic

cheers for your support guys .... just goes to show you how important these sort of sites are .. i was naive , stressed and a dic* for not doing additional research apart from what i liked about the car and valuations ..
stunned really as to how much of a f' u attitude they have considering how much stock they have .. you would have thought they would be kissing ass !
i have made endless phone calls to national dealerships trying to find out if the car has previously been serviced their .. problems with the log book , ie they lost all the documents and didnt tell me until after i had paid up and had the car .. paid for a tax disc and asked if they could sort it out and they made a balls up of it .. car towed away within 2 hours of owning it for not being taxed !, was told it had full service history and now after what must be 50 phone calls and 7 or 8 letters they say nahhh we never said that .. not a happy lad .. especially as i have just had to buy a new service book , send it back to the original selling dealer get it stamped then major service despite it only covering 32k just so i start again ( i have had a solicitor check to see if its been clocked !) .. the cars great but only because i look after it .... the good guy will win in the end ............................ i hope Rolling Eyes

Post #278140 Mon Oct 18 2010 9:13am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Nic have you tried involving the national press or magazines like What Car? I posted a link to you first post in this thread over on the FFRR forums - several guys over there have also had recent close shaves with them and ended up not buying after a visit to their sales area. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #278141 Mon Oct 18 2010 9:18am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nic

Hi Tim ,
nope sorry i missed that link but will take a look .. ive been stone walled so badly that the warning post was my final dig before just getting on with my life and trying not to get so vexed by it all Big Cry ... i feel much better knowing that they have a truly crud reputation so surely they cant survive forever??!!! .. i also work in London and have made sure that people around me are fully aware that they are to be avoided. Laughing

i will defo have a look at the link thou ... away from the wife !! cheers

Post #278160 Mon Oct 18 2010 12:58pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Nic, Sorry to hear about your woes.

Surely your local Trading Standards office would be worth contacting about the issues
you've had with these guys?

Hope you can get over the poor treatment you've had and just enjoy your RRS Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #278167 Mon Oct 18 2010 3:53pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Nic

Definately trading standards and i would also get your solicitor to write to them outlining that you are contacting Trading Standards, would also mention press and TV, try Sunday Times motoring supplement and Watchdog or Rogue Traders (get Dom on the case), i would also bring to their attention this post.

Good luck Thumbs Up

Post #278201 Tue Oct 19 2010 10:58am
Timf

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

I looked at an Aston V8 Vantage there a year ago. No customer care - was handed a plastic envelope with various docu,ments & told to look at the car unattended. Close inspection showed the radiator/oil cooler was way out of line - clearly had a thump in the front. Moved on to the RR Sports etc in back yard...some had no air in tyres! Did they want to sell anything? Rolling Eyes

Post #278212 Tue Oct 19 2010 12:45pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Worth posting a review here
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews227200.html

I did a search for Saxtons 4x4 on google and it was the top result after their own website. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #278227 Tue Oct 19 2010 8:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>