Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > Pairing Blackberry Bold 9000 with 2005 RRS S/C
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Pairing Blackberry Bold 9000 with 2005 RRS S/C

Hi all

I picked up my 2005 RRS S/C yesterday and am unable to pair my Blackberry Bold 9000 to the Bluetooth in the RRS. I have read a few articles on here and online and it seems most can get them to pair ?. I followed the instructions on the LR website (my phone & software version v4.6.0.266 platform 4.0.0.233) are listed as fully compatible against my vin no so i want to know if the procedure is different for the BB Bold 9000 ?.

I had this happen on a Mercedes last year, the process on the website was wrong.

Any help more than welcome, including how to upload the phonebook once paired ?

For info : LR say all software upgrades that are available for my RRS have been done already. Is there a way to check the Bluetooth software ?.

Thanks

Carl

Post #277463 Thu Oct 07 2010 10:38am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Have you tried pairing any other brand of mobile phone too? Also are you using the 2121 password code? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #277466 Thu Oct 07 2010 11:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlos50

Hi Tim

Not yet.

I don't find the RRS when I search for it using the "add device" option on the BB. I have tried search & listen options in the phone and neither find the car.

On my Mercedes this happened until i found out i had to use the car (Command in Merc) to find the phone rather than phone find the car.

I will try a different phone later but hoped somebody with a BB Bold 9000 would know why in advance ?.

Carl

Post #277468 Thu Oct 07 2010 11:18am
ilard

United Kingdom 

On my 9000 Discoverable is set to Yes. Then I select Add Device. Then select Search. In parallel th car has to be in pairing mode.

When I had v4 software on the 9000 it was unstable when paired with my 08 XKR Bluetooth, but since an upgrade to v5 software it has been perfect. So that is something else to consider. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #277596 Sat Oct 09 2010 10:57am
carlos50

Hi ilard

I have my discoverable set to yes and when selecting add device it doesnt find the RRS. What do you mean the car has to be in pairing mode ?.

Is my software V4 then ?. Its a work phone so was given to me with that software, how would i be able to get V5 ?. I connected to my Desktop Manager but it says no software update required ?.

Thanks

Carl

Post #277598 Sat Oct 09 2010 11:13am
Tim in Scotland

It sounds like, if you have not been able to pair another make of phone to it as well, that your Bluetooth hardware has either got a lead disconnected or is broken. If your car has any warranty from the supplying garage then take it back to them and make them fix it under the warranty. It appears that it has not been working since you bought the car. Do you know if your car had an after-market Rear Seat Entertainment system fitted that may have been removed before you bought it? Removal by an "amatuer" may have accidentally disconnected the the power to the B/T.
I cannot remember where the B/T transceiver unit is in RRS but open the side panels in the boot and look for a box with a Nokia label on it as all the early (pre 2008MY) cars had a Nokia system. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #277599 Sat Oct 09 2010 11:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlos50

Hi Tim

Perhaps you are right. I just tried the girlfriend's Samsung Tocco Ultra and that didn't find the RRS either.

I bought it in London and in live in the North so taking it back isn't easy and it doesn't have LR warranty. The supplying dealer just had a major service done by LR and nothing was reported when a full system check was carried out and i assume a faulty unit / connection problem with the module would have shown up ?.

How do i know the car is in pair mode ?.

Carl

Post #277602 Sat Oct 09 2010 11:58am
Tim in Scotland

Your phone will show it is paired to "Land Rover" and if you press the green phone button on the steering wheel or the phone button on the radio it should say "Bluetooth" on the radio display if I recall - I sold my RRSport 2 months ago and now have a 2010MY Full Fat Range Rover which has a different system. I think you may have to bite the bullet and take it into you local LR dealership to get it checked out. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #277603 Sat Oct 09 2010 12:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1